[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice me on a good camera or telescope under $800.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Satellites1.jpg (73KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Satellites1.jpg
73KB, 1191x670px
Advice me on a good camera or telescope under $800.
>>
>>8968161
Haha! And you'd like my advice for free I bet? I'm afraid that's not the way it works pal.
>>
>>8968161
>camera or telescope

you obviously don't even know what you want.
get the very cheapest shit out there. not because it'll work, but because you'll have a cheaper telescope gaining dust in your attic in 4 weeks.

worst case scenario: you actually do try it out several times and upgrade later
best case scenario: hundreds on bucks saved because you didn't invest in a hobby you obviously don't have any real interest in anyway.
>>
>>8968242
that's very cynical point of view
>>
>>8968161
A pair of binoculars.
>>
>>8968246
don't think so.
astronomy is a very demanding hobby. the amount of work, both in preparation and theory to get the desired "wow"-effect that most people are after is quite high.
your typical anon who just says "hey advice me on a 800$ telescope" (no further info/specifics = no theory done so far) is therefore a random dad who will try it out once and have it rot in a garage for 20 years.
>>
File: HesRight.jpg (50KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
HesRight.jpg
50KB, 640x478px
>>8968255
Brutal, but credible.

Anyway, I'd recommend a camera. My personal choice was a Nikon 5200, mostly because it has built-in time interval capability - great for time-lapse movies, and the camera otherwise is decent for whatever else you'd expect from a camera, and it's relatively cheap - $450 or so. You'd have enough left to buy a good telephoto lens and tripod *and* decent binoculars with an adapter to put it on that tripod.

If you want a scope in that price range, you should probably get to know the sky first, so you can point it. Computer-controlled ones are pricey, and you still need to know enough of the sky so you can orient it.
>>
>>8968161
"Advice" is a noun. "To advise" is a verb.
>>
>>8968246
he's right though, I once wanted a telescope too, got one for free with a coupon which was for the best. I used it 4-5 times to look at the sky, then it ended up in the basement. Would probably still be there if I hadn't started using it to spy into the bathroom window of the house across the street.
>>
>>8968305
>if I hadn't started using it to spy into the bathroom window of the house across the street.
What is her name?
>>
>>8968254
Some good light-gathering binoculars is actually a good way to start.
>>
>>8968255
You're right, dude.
>>
File: 1435873054732.jpg (7KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1435873054732.jpg
7KB, 261x192px
>>8968324
I don't know, I've never talked to her, can't leave the house when she's outside because autism.
>>
>>8968433
>because autism
Try "cowardice."
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.