[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 41Hp5oh+s5L.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41Hp5oh+s5L.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Is the universe shaped exactly like the earth?
If you go straight long enough, will you end up where you were?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbqYzArcTqQ
>>
>>8967456
>if you go straight through it will you end up where you were

Thats... not how the Earth is shaped friendo. It's a sphere. You'd just come out on the other side. Hell, even if it was flat, you'd do the same thing.
>>
>>8967519

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>8967456
Earth is flat.

>Freemasons and Jesuits control education which is why it sucks the entire time and resembles blatant indoctrination to the learned mind.

>The world started sucking the minute you had no choice but to trust teachers and adults to tell you what the world was like when they themselves went through the same process at that age.

>You were trained to think the greatest accomplishment of mankind was landing on the moon, and everything you've done as an adult was compared to that "achievement" in terms of merit.
>>
>>8967519
you do realize that if you walk long enough on a sphere, you DO end up back where you began?
>>
>>8967672
You said ON a sphere.
He definitely means IN a sphere.
Universe doesn't have a wall you can walk on, and even disregarding that, we don't live inside earth, but on it.
>>
>>8967519

Earth is a three dimensional sphere with a 2d surface

the universe could be a four dimensional sphere with a 3d surface and we are on this surface

both of these shapes have the property that If you go straight long enough, will you end up where you were

>>8967456

>Is it true?

Nobody knows for sure. We have not detected any large scale curvature of the universe, so there is no evidence that it is a higher dimensional sphere. But it is one of the possible proposed shapes. Personally I dont believe it tough, because AFAIK modern inflationary theories generically lead to different shapes of the universe (fractal-like expanding bubbles of space etc.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_inflation
>>
>>8967659

i thoroughly recommend everyone find and join a flat earther group on facebook. the crackpot reasoning is just hilarious
>>
>>8967783
>>8967783
> reccoment anyone to record the arguments posed by globe earthers who are so blind to the shape of the earth they aren't even able to argue or debate without ad hominems and appeals to authority because the only way one can understand the flat earth is to understand both the history and science of heliocentricism.
>>
The universe is flat, piggot
>>
>>8967519
OP is implying the universe is a 4D sphere.
>>
>>8967774
in a 3d sphere you move forward in the 3rd dimension and eventually are once again in the same 2d location, does this mean that a 4d sphere has an infinitely recurring loop of time?
so everything happening now will happen again when time goes in a full circle?
>>
>>8969068
I didnt make any arguments and i dont intend to.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.