[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entropy is Overpowered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Or does it have no power at all?
Anyway, I've been seeing articles as of late saying a sufficiently advanced (K3 or higher) civilzation would be capable of slowing or reversing entropy.

Is this just wild speculation? From what I can find, entropy in the universe can never be reversed; there are no theoretical loopholes around it. Also, if that's the case, how on earth did the singularity for the Big Bang come to exist?
>>
>>8967181
At least at the level I've learned, entropy has it's fundamentals in probability. It's not absolute in small scale simple systems.
>>
> entropy of an isolated system always increases.
>>
>>8967181
1. You can't change something if you don't know what it is or how it works.

2. If you fused everything, you would have singularity.

If you destroyed everything, you would also have singularity.

Are the previous 2 assertions correct?
>>
>>8967195
I don't know.

Also I don't get what you mean in the first point; we know what entropy is AND how it works.
>>
File: IMG_0801.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>8967181
I discovered that my car's exhaust fumes are cold the other day. I was advised to contact a physicist to document this phenomenon. I rev the engine and it blows out ice cold air. I'm doing some further testing and then will let you guys know if I've managed to reverse entropy
>>
>>8967295
What is entropy?
>>
Entropy can't be solved.
What you want to do is transfer energy from "useless" particle fields to "useful" particle fields, but that requires energy. Where would you get that energy from? If you could get it from "useless" particle fields, they wouldn't be "useless" fields, now would they?
At best you would be able to perfectly recycle energy fields, but that only delays the problem.
>>
>>8967324
What is energy?
>>
>>8967324
What is a field?
>>
>>8967319
Fascinating. I'll bet it's cleaner air, too. Try running that car in an enclosed room, like a garage, and see if you need to wear a jacket. Breathe deeply and see it you don't feel refreshed, too. Try it for say half an hour.
>>
>>8967181
It's possible to slow and/or reverse entropy on a local scale. If your goal is to reverse entropy over the galaxy your species inhabits you could do so using the rest of the universe as your entropy dumping grounds.

But you cannot do it on a universe-wide scale. Okay if you can do science fiction shit like open a rift to another universe and dump your entropy in there that's a way around it, but the point is that you eventually reach your largest isolated system in which entropy will always increase and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
Don't gravity wells (black holes) somewhat alleviate this issue? You can dump excess energy of one sort or another into them and it won't be bothering you again.

Also define "dumping entropy" in the first place. As far as I understand, you just need to maintain a gradient. I heard from a totally non-reliable scientific source that entropy isn't even a big deal if a civilization were digital because they could use the Casimir effect to create an indefinite energy gradient.
>>
I never understand speculating the capabilities of advanced civilizations. Like, it is ever based in data or science and not just wild speculation?

>"Oh, one day advanced civilizations will be able to harness the intrinsic energy produced from vibrating upquarks and strings to manufacture ebible nutrients ending the hunger crisis."

>"Bullshit. How the fuck would that happen?"

>"We just don't know yet." *shrug*
>>
>>8967463
gravity doesn't exist.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.