[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would be the best major and post-grad route if I wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: wp-1453059782136.jpg (14KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
wp-1453059782136.jpg
14KB, 620x330px
what would be the best major and post-grad route if I wanted to cure IBS, otherwise known as satan's syndrome?
>>
Uhhhh immunology perhaps?
>>
depends what you mean by "cure" op. if you want to make money, you could develop drugs. opiates "cure" ibs but this is a bullshit solution.
>>
>>8967161
Get an undergrad in biology/biochemistry and talk to professors while doing that and see if they can point you in the right direction for graduate studies.

Looking through papers published about IBS, they all seem to be gastroenteroloy related and the authors tend to be in the faculty of medicine.
>>
>>8967313
lol opiates would not cure my kind of ibs. Everything I eat gives my extreme amount of gas and am sometimes constipated, although mostly am okay.
>>8967318
Yea gastroenterology immediately comes to mind but after interacting with several I'm not too sure anymore
>>
>>8967161
but IBS is just an umbrella term used when they don't know what's wrong with you
it's not even a real diagnosis
it's like if you went in with a skin rash and they didn't know what it was so they diagnosed you with irritable skin syndrome
>>
>>8967334
well surely there should, by now, be a way to figure out what the hell it is. I'm just kinda frustrated that they can transplant hearts but they can't figure out why my gut is packed with gas
>>
>>8967348
Your gut-brain axis is messed up, likely with some kind of physical and/or allergy problem.
>>
>>8967161
Please use your talents to solve balding instead.
>>
>>8967944
Stop masturbating, faggot. IBS is a real health issue.
>>
>>8967348
You have an allergy that causes your immune system to kill off the right kind of bacteria in your gut, resulting in lots of room for the wrong kind.

Or you either swallow too much air when u eat or u don't chew up ur food enough, don't produce enough acid in ur gut or saliva in ur mouth, and don't shit frequently enough so the food ferments in ur gut.
>>
>>8968070
>Or you either swallow too much air when u eat
it's way too much for this to be the problem
>don't produce enough acid in ur gut or saliva in ur mouth
This may be possible considering that when I take these supplements called Betaine HCl it definitely decreases the amount. Is there a way to fix this if it were the problem?
>don't shit frequently enough so the food ferments in ur gut.
I go everyday
>You have an allergy that causes your immune system to kill off the right kind of bacteria in your gut
Is there a way to confirm this or fight this?
>>
>>8968084
if you're taking betaine hcl you could possibly check your gastrin levels to see if they're low, otherwise the problem could be the cells themselves, h pylori test i guess but i'm sure you've done that, you could get an ultrasound after you haven't eaten for a while to see how fast food passes through

it's just that ibs is the 'fuck son, i don't know, sucks to be you' of the enterology world
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.