[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mystery blur out object in space...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot (8).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (8).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
why in the fuck NASA would be hiding all this stuff?
>>
>>8963654
They just didn't take a picture there, because the telescope taking pictures broke down, the moon was in the way, or they ran out of money.
>>
>>8963665
>Telescope broke down

Right. Whatever you're smoking, I want some
>>
File: Arcturus.png (48KB, 677x395px) Image search: [Google]
Arcturus.png
48KB, 677x395px
because actual stars look like this
>>
Seriously, we are talking about fucking NASA here. Do you really think they would something so freakong obvious if they wanted to hide something from us with the means they have ?
Pictures from the sky are actually mosaics that are assembled on computer afterwards, so it's not that uncommon that the pictures we can find on the web aren't rectangular shaped.
Though I admit this is weird that there's a hole right in the middle of the pic, but it's not that hard to find possible explanations.

>>8963708
This is what you see in a telescope when you don't know how to focus on an objet because there's a mirror right in the center of the main tube.
>>
File: dP0BDZG.png (936KB, 610x647px) Image search: [Google]
dP0BDZG.png
936KB, 610x647px
>>8963708
Points of light that are out of focus will take the same shape as the aperture.
>>
File: cross.jpg (489KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
cross.jpg
489KB, 1040x1040px
>>8963708
>>
>>8963705
No, seriously
https://www.eso.org/~ohainaut/ccd/CCD_artifacts.html
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/kepler/nasa-ends-attempts-to-fully-recover-kepler-spacecraft-potential-new-missions-considered/
>>
>>8963708
>because actual stars look like this
Only if you're completely oblivious in the use of a telescope. Not only is that out of focus, it needs to be collimated. In fact, I'll bet this is an image from a tutorial on collimating a newtonian.

Why are you on /sci/?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.