[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Slowly clapping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: mov.png (23KB, 332x307px) Image search: [Google]
mov.png
23KB, 332x307px
>Slowly clapping
>>
>>8960909

So what you're saying is, you're a fucking retarded infant who has no clue how dictionaries work?
>>
>>8960927
Yeah he almost got words

But truth be told. Be like this. Words are distracting arbitrary concepts that keep you from the truth
>>
>>8960927
you are the fucking retard with no clue how dictionaries should work.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Circular_definition

now shut the fuck up, call your isp, and tell them you want to cancel your internet
>>
>>8960962
Define 'definition'
>>
>>8960968
What defines a definable thing
Easy :^)
>>
>>8960972
Define 'define'
>>
>>8960909
The second definition has motion as a verb, not a noun like the third one.
>>
>>8960977
I don't think so
>>
>>8960962

So you're a butthurt little pissbabby as well as a moron? Good to know.
>>
File: Untitled.png (24KB, 775x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
24KB, 775x480px
>>8960909
>an act of moving
>implying that's an adjective
brainlet
>>
>>8960962
Words aren't defined by other words, but by their context and the things they are used to describe.
>>
>>8960977
>motion
>verb
Consider suicide.
>>
File: 1258129445087b.jpg (25KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
1258129445087b.jpg
25KB, 80x80px
DESU OP has a point. One of them could have been defined as something like

> the displacement of an object over time

but that's fucking ridiculously scientific, that shit don't fly with casuals.
>>
>>8961017
>having no reading comprehension whatsoever
>literally being autistic
>>
>>8960987
actually, i am. i am, because i study how languages work, and from time to time, i have to look some words up. and what coldens my tea the most, is circular definitions like these. especially when it's regarding less common word, as english is not my native language
>>
>>8960987
He's not a moron. Dictionaries have no choice but to have circular definitions. They rely on the fact that their users already know a great deal of the words in the language of the dictionary.
>>
>>8960975
To state or describe exactly the nature, scope, or meaning of.
>>
>>8961021
You must be a terrible linguist to not understand why dictionaries have circular definitions.
>>
>>8961025
not a linguist or student of, and i admit there has to be some circle, but i think the loop should be quite long; in the example provided by op the word being defined is defined immediately by itself, which you have to agree, is not the right way of defining stuff
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.