[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no one has invented something small and/or wearable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

How come no one has invented something small and/or wearable or something that can save people who fall from high places?
What are the difficulties?
>>
>>8960236
We have. It's called a parachute
>>
>>8960236
No antigravity.
>>
>>8960240
doesn't work for 50m fall
>>
>>8960240
Yeah how bout something that doesn't only work from the stratosphere or some shit
>>
>>8960248
just don't fall from low places, retard
>>
File: 163679496.jpg (74KB, 337x507px) Image search: [Google]
163679496.jpg
74KB, 337x507px
>>8960236
>>
>>8960268
Yeah something like this except it actually works
>>
File: skysaver.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
skysaver.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
>>8960236
september 11 created a lot of crazy things like this
>>
>>8960236
The forces involved in safely stopping something moving at terminal velocity using a "small/or wearable" package.
>>
>>8960303
Redirect it to the ground instead of the person
>>
>>8960309
by what method?
>>
>>8960309
Fund it!
>>
>>8960314
I don't know...
There must be something to does that.
>>
>>8960331
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like
>>
>>8960331
if you can find a method of transferring inertia from one body to another without accelerating either body then you'll get the nobel prize every year for the next decade
>>
>>8960338
To be fair he can accelerate the ground and the mechanism all he wants, the Earth isn't budging from one person falling 100 feet. But I otherwise agree.

Also
>Long Fall Boots.jpg
>>
>>8960309
See Newton's third.
>>
File: WhyDoesGod.jpg (107KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
WhyDoesGod.jpg
107KB, 450x338px
>>8960276
The problem with September 11 was that the exit stairwells filled with smoke. What a person needed was not a rappelling line, but a gas mask.

The windows were also designed against hurricane winds and bird strikes. You couldn't break them with a sledge. People jumped from the roof because they couldn't open the windows.
>>
>>8960392
Technically it does on some very minor order of magnitude, and so does the person. The only way to stop safely would be to transfer the inertia to the earth and just get the whole reference frame moving at very nearly the speed you are in the instant that you land.
>>
>>8960236

>gravity
>>
>>8960245
so you want a foldable kite that lifts human weight.
>>
>>8960236
... Usually people who are falling from high places make the conscious decisions to do so? The demand for compact fallstoppers is pretty low.
>>
>>8961189
Those wind turbine guys probably would have liked an invention like it.
Also all the people that work in construction.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.