[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the probability of the present?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: dice.jpg (5KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
dice.jpg
5KB, 237x213px
When we throw a dice with infinite sides, what is the probability of giving one? Zero. Since time is infinite, how likely is the present time to exist? Following the same logic would be zero. But if we are in the present, then it is not zero so the time does not exist.
>>
>>8958938
>Since time is infinite
it's finite but unbounded

not infinte
>>
>>8958938
OP if you would be willing to expand on these ideas, I'll get you published in the Journal of /sci/
>>
The standard interpretation of probability states that a zero probability does not mean that is impossible.
>>
>>8958938
"following the same logic" is where you went wrong here genius.
>>
>>8958938
OP
>The word time is made up lolxd
>Time can't be real cuz our eyes aren't real
>Haha lel XD I love trolling!

Me
>Time is concept that simply expains that the entropy of a system is changing

/Thread
>>
>>8958938
Events with probability zero can happen.
>>
>>8958938
Infinity isn't a number.
Theres always a nonzero chance that you'll get a specific number on a single roll.

Also, this doesn't correlate to time at all because the chance for us to exist is not equal across all time, like you assume.

Furthermore, our seemingly unlikely existence does not prove time doesn't exist, because time by definition exists whether we're here or not, making your implication false.
>>
>>8958938
You could say the same thing about space if you assert that space is infinite, since the probability of the space you exist in is zero, that must mean you don't exist.
>>
>>8958938
>a dice
you mean "a die", you illiterate
>>
>>8958938
P[ourTime | ourTime] = 1

P[isAFag | OP] = 1
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.