[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

If perpetual motion is impossible, why do the electrons of an atom seem to be perpetually moving?

Another question: If energy always tends to spread out, degrading the energy source, how come forces inside the atom seem to perfectly preserve themselves? the weak and strong forces never seem to be degrading... same thing with gravity
>>
Electrons don't really move around an atom per se.
>>
>>8958526
They maybe don't move AROUND the atom, but i mean there is definitely movement going on there
>>
>>8958530

Prove it and you'll win a nobel prize.
>>
>>8958535
It's already known that electrons aren't staying in the exact same place. they appear to be jumping from to place, which is... well... movement
>>
>>8958514
>In an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force
and what force would stop an electron, air friction?
>>
>>8958541
So an atom is a perfectly isolated system with no energy escaping it?
>>
>>8958539

Prove it and you'll win a nobel prize.
>>
File: 052.png (174KB, 265x258px) Image search: [Google]
052.png
174KB, 265x258px
>mfw brainlets think "particles" are tiny spheres that orbit each other like planets and stars
>>
>>8958581
I never said in the OP that electrons are orbiting the nucleus. i just said they are moving
>>
>>8958581
Because that's what's taught in America in high school and uni Gen Chem. Electron Cloud is taught in Gen Chem, but you're mostly working with Bohr representations. You don't get into the real thing until PChem and Modern Phys which only chemists and physicists take.
>>
>>8958593
Its standard to teach it as the cloud in highschool chem where I am
>>
>>8958593
In community for the year I had to attend it (because I was out of school for 4 years) was explained right at the gate that we didn't use bohr outside of simple shit.
Where did you go?
>>
>>8958514
>If perpetual motion is impossible
It is by all means possible, BUT not if whatever is moving is also doing work.
>>
>>8958593
No, pretty much the first thing in my uni gen chem class was a short unit on the most basic of quantum mechanics, dealing with single electron systems.
>>
Something that drove me mad right up till 2nd year of university is that before then you are taught simplified models without being told they are wrong.
>>
Like everyone else is implying, if you pose these questions like this you're probably not at a level where you can understand the answers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.