[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bioinformatics or Biomedical Engineering? Applications? Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1496226882755.jpg (530KB, 1442x2562px) Image search: [Google]
1496226882755.jpg
530KB, 1442x2562px
Bioinformatics or Biomedical Engineering? Applications? Which to study for good work and further Neuroscience career?
>>
>>8958433
Computer/Electrical engineering.
Not even joking.

Maybe also get a minor in something biology related.
>>
>>8958437
So I'm guessing bioengineering
>>
>>8958472
It literally depends on what you want to do. "Neuroscience" is broad as fuck.
>>
>>8958479
You could study Psychology, Biology, Medicine, Bioengineering, Computer science (engineering), Math, Chemistry (engineering), Electrical engineering,
Material science (engineering), ect...

And still end up doing something in Neuroscience. At the end of the day, what do you REALLY want to do on a day to day basis.
>>
>>8958433
Network science and bioinformatics
>>
>>8958433
If you're thinking BMIs... It's pretty much required to take electrical engineering with biomaterials/bioelectrical. A computer science degree with specialization in bioinformatics or some other bio related subject. And a PhD in neuroscience physiology.

Biomedical or bioengineering is a meme premed students take for their prerequisites for me school.
>>
>>8958497
Take data science if you want to do bioinformatics and specialize in genomics
>>
>>8958433
Bioinformatics will be much more about sequence analysis and biomolecular structure prediction. I think biomedical engineering might be more applicable for neuroscience, but there are probably tons of ways you can enter that field.
>>
>>8958433
>Bioinformatics or Biomedical Engineering
Medical Physics, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, etc.

also one of these >>8958492
>>
>>8958433
Don't do a biomedical undergrad. I did and it is absolutely useless unless you get a PhD or MD. If you are serious about biomedical engineering, go into me/ee/cheme and then work towards a PhD in BME or a bio field related to your undergrad.
>>
>>8958433
If you want to do something revolutionary, Computer Science (real thing heavy on discrete mathematics and machine learning, not a coding degree), Mathematics or Physics. Take the Bio courses on the side or self teach. The only part of Electrical Engineering you will need is Signals and Systems/Controls which have strong overlap with math. Do NOT take a neuroscience course beyond the basic level. I wasted a lot of time with shit I didn't need.

t. CS undergrad. BME masters. EE PhD working in the field.
>>
>>8958580
“What then was life? It was warmth, the warmth generated by a form-preserving
instability, a fever of matter, which accompanied the process of ceaseless decay and
repair of albumen molecules that were too impossibly complicated, too impossibly
ingenious in structure. It was the existence of the actually impossible-to-exist,
of a half-sweet, half-painful balancing, or scarcely balancing, in this restricted
and feverish process of decay and renewal, upon the point of existence. It was
not matter and it was not spirit, but something between the two, a phenomenon
conveyed by matter, like the rainbow on the waterfall, and like the flame.”

Wew, that was beautiful.
>>
>>8958760
That's the route I'm taking. What field are you in now. Are ivy leagues necessary to get in the field and do meaningful work
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.