[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal observation of climate change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: sweating.jpg (22KB, 700x449px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
22KB, 700x449px
>Be me
>Have actively observed climate change in my life
>Summers are getting longer, winters a getting shorter and less cold.
>Certain crops literally taste worse as they're dependent on the seasons.

A lot of experts say people don't believe in climate change because it's something different and unassuming that people can't relate to and is difficult to observe with your own eyes.

I and most of the people I know HAVE seen it with our own eyes and firmly believe in it because of this.

Has anyone else here observed climate change for themselves?
>>
>>8958224
A few warm years are not proof of climate change. That mentality is a dangerous one to have and can discredit actual climate change. Once you get a couple cold years, everyone's going to laugh in your face. Don't point to personal observations as proof, ever.
>>
>>8958224
>Certain crops literally taste worse
I've recently noticed a lot of vegetables taste much sweeter than they used to. Is this just due to selective cultivation or is it climate change? E.g. carrots taste sickly sweet nowadays.
>>
>>8958239
no it is due to GMOs
>>
>>8958224
Climate change exists.
You can't possibly notice it because it changes in such a small degree overs hundreds of years.
Taste changes in a person and it likely has nothing to do with climate change. I like foods now that I never liked before.
>>
NYC. Last winter I remember that was legit cold was 2011. Last year I wore shorts and a t shirt well into mid November.
>>
>>8958239
The soil for some time time has been nothing more than a sponge for petrochemical based farming. This is why you now pay more for bad tasting produce trucked from hundreds or thousands of miles away but you can eat them all year around in some cases.

Seems to me winter is coming, less storms than there were and food is always more expensive.
>>
Can come firm. Laundry needs less time to dry.
>>
>>8958224
The past ten years have been crazy. Normally the last frost is in May. this year the last frost was in March. I planted everything at the beginning of April, gambling on that it would be a long summer. My neighbors started planting 3 weeks ago. Everything in my garden is huge now with all the veggies and fruit coming on. My tomatoes are 3 inches wide now.

When I was a kid in the 1960s and all the way up to the mid 1990s, we had massive snow storms all winter long. 4' deep snow was the standard and sometimes it'd get up to 12' deep. Lows were in the -40s. For the past 5 years, my roses started blooming in fucking January. The geese have stopped migrating south and are here year round now. The groundhogs didn't even go into hibernation and there's a shit load of them now.

>>8958239
>carrots taste sickly sweet nowadays.

Might be a different cultivar. Some are much sweeter than others.
>>
Ive definitely noticed. Here in Souther California, sure, its always been hot, but the last 7 years or so have been hellish. Whereas 15 years ago it used to be that maybe we would get a single day of temps above 105, now we get solid weeks of above 110. Records are set and broken with each passing year. Its unbearable really. This winter I dont think it got below freezing even once. It used to get below freezing well into March and early April.

Its not so much that I think my observations are "proof", but rather the result of a pattern of climate chane that we understand to be caused by humans.
>>
File: C1tZ6sLW8AED3f6.jpg-large.jpg (73KB, 640x833px) Image search: [Google]
C1tZ6sLW8AED3f6.jpg-large.jpg
73KB, 640x833px
I don't see climate change anywhere.
>>
File: 1494687829119.gif (1MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1494687829119.gif
1MB, 400x267px
>>8958578
I think you need to leave your parent's basement to see it, anon.
>>
winters seem to be getting warmer.
pine trees up high being replaced by spruce trees.
lots of trees dying back, especially where it gets windy.
big avalanches wiping out old forests.
I think I am noticing it, but obviously it is not proof. although scientists have documented pine trees at high elevation dying too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.