[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electronic Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1491532850396.jpg (147KB, 1148x746px) Image search: [Google]
1491532850396.jpg
147KB, 1148x746px
>be me
>loved electronics since i was a kid
>dad was an electronics engineer that only went to trade school
>watched every documentary
>read as many books as i could
>determined to go to uni for EE
>get to choosing colleges
>none of them around me offer EE because southfag
>settle for the comfiest still well-known uni
>chose Digital System Design as a substitute

what am I getting myself into /sci/ is it even remotely close
>>
>>8957771
You're probably getting into some trade or minor, probably related to CE more than EE.

Your shit is hard to research, since that is one of the courses CE and EE have but
>as a substitute
The fuck?
Literally first time in my life that I cannot answer well completely.
>>
Digital system design sounds like a specialization of comp eng
>>
>>8957786
It's a focus of the College's (TTU) CE courses, just to make up for it I'm going for a double major in Computer Science as well. Hoping to do Grad work in Microprocessing.
>>
File: My sadness very big.jpg (139KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
My sadness very big.jpg
139KB, 392x495px
>>8957791
>>8957794
Oh.

OK, I can't help you here OP, but ask /diy/.
There could be a chance they'll help you AND you will enjoy that board since it's full of engineers there and love electronics just like you, OP.

Sorry I couldn't do much, I'm becoming a shittier /adv/isor these days but I hope you will find your answer here or there.
>>
>>8957808
Oh nono, don't worry! Thank you for your help and for the recommendation!
>>
>>8957771
I posted earlier. Ive taken digital design courses for EE. You're looking at designing solutions to real world problems ( I know that's all engineering). Specifically though coming up with logic for these problems then implementing it using logic gates. I'm not exactly sure though what it will all entail.

See twos complement as an elementary example. Specifically how to implement using and/or gates and implementations of those gates (multiplexers, encoders, decoders)
>>
>>8957838
Boolean Algebra is your friend
>>
>>8957771
>>none of them around me offer EE because southfag

So move. Don't be a pussy.

>what am I getting myself into /sci/ is it even remotely close

Link to the school's webpage. Each university is different so we can't know in advance.
>>
>>8957771
>Because Southfag.

What in the fuck do you mean by "Southfag"? Every Southern state has a college with an engineering school to my knowledge—maybe some of the best out there. Georgia has Georgia Tech, Alabama has Auburn, University of Florida offers EE, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas is plentiful in engineering schools, etc.

If you can't get into engineering school, then your best bet would be to do CS or something in the medical field.
>>
>>8957771
So are you actually getting an engineering degree or is this some kind of computer science or tech school diploma thing? Being an engineer isn't the same thing as just having enough training for a tech job.There's a lot of rules about who's an engineer and who isn't. A school's got to meet standards set by the American society of engineers before it can give engineering degrees. You're lying on your resume if you call yourself an electrical engineer but you really just did something like an electronics technician program.
>>
>>8957849
There's no room to lie when it comes to engineering. You have to pass a state license exam, which can only be administered after proving you've completed & passed all engineering course work from an accredited engineering school.

It makes sense. We don't want plumbers who are good at lying to be the ones designing bridges, tunnels, buildings, etc.
>>
>>8957771
can horses be retarded?
>>
digital system design sounds like a course not a major
>>
>>8957771
Why didn't you go to another state?

You're setting yourself up to be pigeonholed. Specialized degrees are a meme.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.