[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recruiting brilliant people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1449784697575.jpg (209KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1449784697575.jpg
209KB, 720x960px
Hi /sci/.
I'm the creator and sole writer of a children's cartoon. This cartoon relies heavily on imagination and creative use of language (wordplay, funny naming, funny analogies, etc). I want to recruit other writers for my cartoon, and I need brilliant people that have a lot of imagination. There are only 2 million people whose mother tongue is this particular language, and we live in kind of a cluster. So I thought about running an ad in the newspaper (who pretty much everyone reads) saying that if you write an episode of the show, you send it in, and I like it, you could become part of the writing team of the show.

The problem is that I don't want to read over a 10,000 episodes or so (which most are going to be trash). So I need a way to winnow the field to about a few hundred. And here is where I need your help.

In this ad I want to run some sort of intelligence question, and IQ question or a math problem. I don't want a problem based on language because I fear I would have the same problem as before. Then I would have them send both the solution to the problem as well as the episode they wrote, thus removing undesirables from submitting an episode.

My question to you is: what question/problem would you run in this ad?

PD: Putnam questions and the sort are out of the question since the answers can easily be found online.

inb4: think about one yourself. I would agree this is the best way, but I don't feel like it because it's hard and because I want the question/problem to be of high quality.
>>
>>8956129
>There are only 2 million people whose mother tongue is this particular language
>I don't want to read over a 10,000 episodes
you are way over your head, son
you will be lucky to get 50
fuck you would be lucky to get 10,000 with English
>>
>>8956129
Must be nice to be eastern European.
>>
>>8956131
Haha like you know what you're talking about
>>
>>8956134
Pretty good haha
>>
The science of writing recruitment ads? You'd have better luck on /adv/
>>
>>8956139
Hihi haha, 202,000 people on this site right now. Until this thread gets deleted day or two later, millions more will come in and out. How many do you think you would recruit even if you posted on every board (and didn't get banned for OT shit of course), hm?
>>
>>8956150
>>8956131
I think perhaps you misread something.
>>
>>8956129
>/sci/ - Science and Math
Fuck right off OP and go steal people's ideas on another board.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.