[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a brain MRI. T1, T2, FLAIR and diffusion-weighted imaging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: temporary.jpg (54KB, 630x630px)
temporary.jpg
54KB, 630x630px
I had a brain MRI.
T1, T2, FLAIR and diffusion-weighted imaging according to their report.

They say everything is OK.
What kind of shit could these sequences miss?

Is old, long-term and low-grade hypoxic damage even visible with these scans?
And what about damage from impact? I had probably both, and I still feel like shit.
>>
>>8953593
You didn't have lung cancer

You didn't have pancreatic cancer

Come on anon stop wasting resources. Just talk to a shrink about your anxiety and learn to meditate.
>>
>>8953620
Pretty sure it's a different guy this time. Lay off.
>>
>>8953620
Yeah I'm not that guy. Also pic is no mine, just stock.

I have other problems (recurring low grade fever, swollen lymph nodes, bad teeth I only recently got to fill, recurring pharyngitis etc) that could be responsible for my brain fog, which is extreme at times and I feel like a fucking vegetable.

I just want to rule out physical brain injuries and move onto the more complex diagnostics about various infections. I might have had the mastoid infected at some point, I had no real insurance and nobody to support me, I was sick for many weeks. I don't know what the fuck to do anymore, I'm worrying all this damage is irreversible.
>>
>>8953593
Did you do blood tests for any bacterial antigens?How long has this been going on?
>>
>>8953650
https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/
This gets rid of any toothache in my case.
I'm sharper, fully awake in the evenings without any brain fog.
Read about the positive accounts.
How I do it:
* Gently heat up butter, filter out the foam as soon as it starts to form and let it on the butter on the flame until it starts to get clear.
Remove it before any fried butter smell forms.
Drink 100+ g of it with water.
* Buy cheap fatty cuts and use a freezer package to store them (otherwise it loses flavor). Eat 500+ g of it as rare as you can get.
* You can eat eggs and some diary.
* You can supplement with minerals: potassium, sodium, magnesium, etc...
* Having two meals during the day is good, having only one is better.
>>
Hypoxic tissue long term? On MRI, absolutely

The question is why the fuck would you have hypoxic damage, you need to elaborate here. Since you are able to type full sentences, I assume with both hands, not likely probable given your radiologists impression

Short term hypoxia? Absolutely, short term hypoxia is not likely to be revealed in CT

Impact? Yup. Small hematomas to any number of trauma will be revealed, with exception of superficial injuries.

Why did you ask for an MRI or why did they perform it, and what makes you believe you have an actual issue
>>
>>8953650
My bad didn't see this.

How old are you?

Im assuming you've already had some labs, and they were most likely normal. Unfortunately, many of these issues can be related, or they're all separate and circumstantial.
If you're over the age of 40ish, hypothyroidism is known to make one feel foggy, some even report their brain as feeling "numb."

Not surprisingly, ADD/ADHD can make one feel this way, you should down a shit ton of caffeine and see if this improves your brain fog. If so, maybe attempt to access Public health and get a PCP, you will be charged on a sliding scale.

Head trauma is unlikely, unless you've actually had some head trauma recently, landed on your head, nauseous, thunder clap headaches, all the usual suspects. Stop pursuing this avenue, start pursuing the anxiety/depression/adhd route.
>>
>>8953672
I was injured in a fight almost a year ago. I live in a semi-shithole country so nobody examined me in the hospital because I didn't black out or puke.

I finally got to a neurologist last month. He prescribed the MRI because I had post-concussive syndrome and still have vision problems.

As for the hypoxia, I'm afraid that after an impact on the neck I might have some kind of problem with the vertebral arteries. I didn't discuss this with a doctor yet, but I have gotten severely disoriented and dizzy on a few occassions where I kept my head turned for a while.
Also 10 year ago someone put me on chokehold until I passed out and then some more, but that's secondary, I was fine after that.
>>
>>8953692
Do me a favor and keep a log of when you start experiencing the disorientation/dizziness.
What you just did right here, writing down what makes it worse/what makes it better, keep doing that.

1) if you're in America, and have a job?, get onto your employers health insurance or apply through healthcare.gov (or if you're under 26, get onto your parents health plan)
2) get established with a PCP
3) all you should be doing is keeping an accurate log, don't google symptoms, write what time you experience your visual issues/dizziness/disorientation, if you're in the store and see one of them BP machines by the pharmacy - check it, and present that log to your new PCP
3) sign a ROI release so your new PCP can get all the shit you've had done in the previous several months.
4) delete thread, your job is to find out how to get insurance. No one here can help you bro
>>
>>8953593
lmao brainlet
>>
>>8953663
I only had generic blood tests that look ok (ie CBC)
No doctor suggested anything further and I just gave up on this.

>>8953687
I'm 24. I had subclinical hypothyroidism when I was 15-16, but 1-2 years ago I've been tested for TSH, anti-TG and anti-TPO and they seem normal. I didn't get tested for T3 and T4 though.

With PCP you refer to pneumonia? I had a chest x-ray that seemed ok but I'm not sure radiologists here pay much attention to detail unless you ask for something specific.

Caffeine did help massively for a while, but I've stop consuming it because I'm worried about high blood pressure and I can't take the tiredness that inevitably comes when the effect wears out. And lately (probably ever since the accident, but I'm not so sure) it does almost nothing with regards to brain fog.
>>
>>8953717
>>8953620

OP just outed himself.
This fucking guy....
>>
>>8953717
If the MRI is clean and blood tests are fine , and with the symptoms you are describing it could be a lot of stuff.Do you have muscle pain or are you feeling tired even after naping?
>>
>>8953702
Also what this dude said, no one here can help you desu , your best bet is to go to a private clinic that is well known in you country and talk to them.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.