[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to become math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
Currently I am a maths grad student, but studying math is not enough. I have an undying, burning urge to become one with math itself. I want to be the LaPlace transform. I want to be the limit of the difference quotient as h goes to zero. I want to be the integral of velocity and be the position function of every moving particle in the universe. I want to be the actual isomorphism. All the math I study comes easily, it is entirely intuitive, and I feel I could better serve math if my consciousness were integrated with math itself. Does anyone else feel this way? How can I become math?
>>
But you are math, anon. Everything you consist of can be described mathematically.
>>
>>8953342
>Everything you consist of can be described mathematically.
Keep telling youself that
>>
>>8953339
WTF?
>>
Mathematically?

It can be explained numerically.
>>
File: 220px-Yutaka_Taniyama.png (50KB, 220x388px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Yutaka_Taniyama.png
50KB, 220x388px
Go into seclusion and think about math at every waking hour. Do nothing else. Nothing matters in this world but mathematics.
>>
>>8953339
math is not real is just our way of explain phenomenas
>>
>>8953781
Then why do we individually discover the same math?

Math is real, it's some sort of weird ass heckin' Platonic ideal form or somethin', an emergent phenomenon of the universe itself. The universe is math, we are math, math is math, math is everything, math is zen and buddha and shit.

ya know?
>>
>>8953749
why did he commit suicide
>>
>>8953789

Mostly depression I believe. I think he thought he was a crappy mathematician; but I'm guessing that probably stemmed from his depression. You can read about it on his wikipedia article.

in /sci/ terms he felt he was a brainlet.
>>
>>8953786
>Then why do we individually discover the same math?
We don't. Look at ancient civilizations; all their mathematics looks very different, even at the foundations they all shared like arithmetic.
It's not like the fact that everybody thinks 1+1=2 is something deep, because arithmetic arises as a method of bookkeeping real life. There's only 1 possible amount of goats you can have if you own a goat and then buy another.
>>
>>8953795
i read the article
kinda weird to have him say that he's uncertain of his future while planning a wedding and being offered a position at the IAS
i guess he had to do it
>>
>>8953804
At the core all the math is the same. The only differences are where they didn't develop it enough to work out the kinks and have mathematical issues, for instance not inventing 0 yet.
>>
>>8954479
That's because it's always humans inventing it, on Earth. If we lived among mostly continuous media rather than discrete objects then math could have been different.
>>
>>8953795
it's like body dysmorphia, only mental?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.