[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Oppenheimer mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: first nuke.png (26KB, 687x162px) Image search: [Google]
first nuke.png
26KB, 687x162px
What did Oppenheimer mean by this?
>>
>>8952369
>The sentence, enigmatic and incomprehensible at the time, was actually an allusion to ancient Hindu texts that describe an apocalyptic catastrophe that doesn’t correlate with volcanic eruptions or other known phenomena. Oppenheimer, who avidly studied ancient Sanskrit, was undoubtedly referring to a passage in “The Bhagavad Gita” that describes a global disaster caused by “an unknown weapon, a ray of iron.”
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/23630-ancient-atomic-bombs/
>>
>>8952369
dinosaurs had nuke
FACT
>>
File: 1365351248962.jpg (115KB, 591x530px) Image search: [Google]
1365351248962.jpg
115KB, 591x530px
>>8952380
>when /sci/ goes /x/
Come on now
>>
File: cern_shiva.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cern_shiva.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
>>8952380
>from splitting atoms to colliding them
hmmm
>>
File: 1495895182378.png (209KB, 604x613px) Image search: [Google]
1495895182378.png
209KB, 604x613px
>>8952380
>tfw into /sci/ shit and also study sanskrit in my free time

w-what the fuck?
>>
>>8952446
>wasting time reading poo-in-loo mythology
yeah wtf
>>
This quote sounds made up. Never trust a quote which purports to be taken from a classroom setting.
>>
>>8952451
>being too brainlet to learn all earth's history
I feel sorry for you
>>
File: time.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
I thought /sci/ was smart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_(weapon)

>The weapon was also believed to cause severe collateral damage. The land where the weapon was used became barren, and all life in and around that area ceased to exist. Both men and women became infertile. There was also a severe decrease in rainfall with the land developing cracks, as in a drought. The Brahmastra is mentioned in the epics and Vedas as a weapon of last resort and was never to be used in combat.

Sound familiar?

Everything you know is a lie
>>
>>8952471
Stay pleb.
>>>/x/
>>
>>8952471
In Hinduism, the universe cycles through creation and destruction with only Brahman remaining consistent through them all.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.