[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interconnectivity of the fields of STEM:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: e7o92j4l.jpg (141KB, 415x503px) Image search: [Google]
e7o92j4l.jpg
141KB, 415x503px
What does /sci/ make of this?
>>
>>8950724
They are interconnected in many more ways than your image suggests.
>>
>>8950724
Statistical Mechanics is not always classical.
>>
>>8950724
These connections don't really make sense
>>
>>8950738
>>8950747
Pick one?

>>8950744
True.
>>
When thermodynamics is more related to astrophysics than mechanical engineering,

Wtf even is this photo
>>
>>8950832
Also no civil engineering
>>
>>8950724

Why is CS related to psychology/EE? It should be pretty firmly with mathematics. HCI is such a tiny subfield in CS...
>>
>>8950840
>civil engineering
>>
File: 343.jpg (10KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
10KB, 200x211px
>>8950840
>>
>>8950724
I believe this, sociology is truly an amalgamation of all other sciences and is thus the most powerful science in the universe
>>
>>8950724
I don't think simple/common styles of imagery allow for a true representation of interconnectivity. You need a coherent system that catalogues connections.
>>
It looks like it was made by some pop-scientist
>>
>>8950724
>flavors and subfields of physics together with whole separate sciences
autism
>>
>>8950724
STEM student: So what are you learning in kindergarten?
Kid: Shapes and colors.
STEM student: Wow good luck getting a job with that.
>>
>>8950724
Simple harmonic oscillator, ideal gas, two-level systems and Ising model, entropy, random walk models for force-extension curves, charges in solution, newtonian fluid models, rate equation models of chemical kinetics all apply to Biology

Biophysics and Biochem are fun
>>
>>8950724
Why is Astrophysics not connected to GR?
>>
File: multiplex example.jpg (52KB, 638x451px) Image search: [Google]
multiplex example.jpg
52KB, 638x451px
>>8950724
i think that is a terrible graph, obviously made by a physicist
with the advent of systems theory, all science is the same thing pandisciplinary research is now the only interesting research
the graph should look akin to this one
>>
File: images-17.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images-17.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>8950724
>Phaggot phield of physics gets a dozen different boxes
>Chemistry gets just one
>>
>>8951750

I dunno, my dude. Diversity activism is kind of predicated on knowing shapes (i.e., weight) and colors (i.e., race). There's money to be had in grievance.
>>
>>8950744
You can rederive all of classical mechanics from statistical mechanics and the latter is more fundamental so maybe they should go the other way? The reason they normally flow that way is mainly historical.
>>
>>8950724
idiotic graph
>>
>>8950724
chemistry --> evolution --> biology

lol what kind of bait is this ?

have you ever googled one of these words or tried to understand what they mean ?
>>
>>8950724

I guess you don't know what computer science is

Some might even go as far as to put it in the question mark on top. Because everything that requires equations is basically a subset of computer science.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.