[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to marathon though a book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: pepe-on-drugs-5850e08ea4e25.png (410KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-on-drugs-5850e08ea4e25.png
410KB, 500x480px
One could take < 20 min long naps without overdoing.
The book wouldn't need much developing by your own since that would take too much time.
Say I know Analysis and Topology but want to go through Algebra.
Or I know Logic and I want to tackle Set Theory.
Exercises included.
Would caffeine allow for that or are amphetamines and the likes necessary?
>>
>>8950593
I've done this before with a graph theory class/textbook. It was definitely a job for amphetamines.

If you care, it's an excellent way to cram, but it's a horrible way to learn and retain.
>>
>>8950670
>I've done this before with a graph theory class/textbook.
How much did it take?
>>
>>8950809
It took about 10 hours without eating, but that's only easy on 40mg of vyvanse. A in the class, but I hardly remember things past proofs of coloring polynomials etc.

What book do you want to do?

Somewhat related: I've done it for side interests, like psych (was actually kinda depressing how silly psych is) and macroeconomics (DGSE so cash). Very fun Saturday.
>>
>>8950999
>It took about 10 hours without eating, but that's only easy on 40mg of vyvanse.
That's not much.
I can do 10 hours a day for a month without drugs.
>>
>>8950593
I once read through my entire OChem book in about 8 hours taking notes the day before my final. Ended up with almost 300 pages of notes but I got a 97% despite missing the majority of the classes
>>
>>8951036
Relatively short book, relatively easy subject (at the undergrad level, obviously).

Then why don't you? You could finish most undergrad degreees with that amount of studying.

>>8951161
Ayyy that's the only respectable way to do OChem. Did you retain much of it after? I usually lose it over the following break when I cram a whole class.
>>
>>8951161
forgot to mention I was on some adderall my friend had given me. I think one 40mg XR while reading plus another one before my final. Didn't eat anything during the 2 day span and I eventually had to ask him for 0.5mg of Xanax so I could sleep.
>>
File: 250px-079Slowpoke.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-079Slowpoke.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>8951172
>Then why don't you? You could finish most undergrad degreees with that amount of studying.
Because I'm extremely slow.
You have no idea how much time a waste in useless details.
>>
>>8951172
I retained enough that when I moved onto classes that required an OChem background I could easily follow it, but it was always pretty basic stuff. I need to dig through my college jun and find that notebook and see what all I had written. 5 years later I can barely remember SN/E reactions, ring substitutions and alpha/beta carvon substitutions; granted I haven't had to use any of that shit since then
>>
File: 1486701623843.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486701623843.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>>
File: euler.png (27KB, 546x291px) Image search: [Google]
euler.png
27KB, 546x291px
>>
File: grothendieck.png (21KB, 729x241px) Image search: [Google]
grothendieck.png
21KB, 729x241px
>>
File: mochizuki.png (12KB, 650x138px) Image search: [Google]
mochizuki.png
12KB, 650x138px
>>
File: erdos.png (18KB, 670x140px) Image search: [Google]
erdos.png
18KB, 670x140px
>>
HOLEE FUCK BUMP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.