[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is logic so goddam difficult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: zjBv6fFm.jpg (23KB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
zjBv6fFm.jpg
23KB, 320x265px
I can't warp my head around the subject.
I become hopeless, feel physical weakness and have to curl up on my bed.
On the other hand other mathematical subjects feel mindless doodling.
>>
>>8949323
Logic? You consider muthaphuckin' logic difficult?
"~T V F" is hard these days?
>>
>>8949323
What do you need help with anon?

t. Philosophy major
>>
>first order logic
>hard
what
>>
>>8949323
Logic is not a subject and shouldn't be one, doesn't matter how you draw conclusions if theres an empirical evidence that supports it.
>>
>>8949483

Would you prefer the course be called "Discrete Mathematics"? What kind of idiot opinion is this, what you learn in a Logic course is pretty foundational and necessary for CS and a number of stem degrees. Proofs, induction, boolean logic in digital electronics &c. It entirely matters how you draw conclusions when that's the majority of a fucking degree
>>
you can have "empirical evidence" of an algorithms runtime complexity by plugging values into a function and seeing a pattern. this doesn't prove anything about the algorithms asymptotic performance. if only we had some sort of logical tools to be able to figure this shit out ...
>>
>>8949499
My logic course was separate with discrete math and they were not teaching anything related to math what so ever.I think op means logic not discrete math.
>>
>>8949533

ah, apologies for the snark then. they are rolled into the same course here, so i'm not sure what would be in just a "logic" class. up to what was covered?
>>
File: question.png (15KB, 550x189px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
15KB, 550x189px
>>8949469
I cropped the question in this picture.
I guess I could figure this out by picking up first order logic where I left but I'm onto something else at the moment.
>>
>>8949323
Yet another one who fell for the math meme

Comp sci student here lmaoing at you nerds
>>
>>8949473
I did not say it was first order logic in OP though.
>>8949483
Have you ever opened a Logic textbook?
What kind of retarded selfish statement is that?
>>
>>8949572
Not that anon but you need to sort your syntax out m8, or at least stop blending it with your semantics willy-nilly.

As for your actual question see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extension_by_definitions
>>
>>8949596
Ok thank you I will keep this as reference.
>>
>>8949587
Shitpost harder
>>
>>8949323
>Why is it hard?
Humans aren't optimized for it.
>>
>>8949548
My logic class was some very simple discrete but mostly on number theory and graph theory, set theory, and introducing a lot of concepts
>>
>>8949483
Grad level logic is doing proofs that become logical judgements https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~fp/courses/15816-s10/schedule.html
>>
>>8949572
I have no idea how to answer that. Sorry anon :(
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.