[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Interstellar-Wormhole.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar-Wormhole.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
Yesterday, while I was going to sleep, I was thinking about life purpose and I had a spark in my mind:

What about if the goal of humanity is to create a superior mind, involving all human minds and maybe the minds of all creatures?

Or maybe the purpose of human life is just to end itself. (Me and my friend are already thinking about this option => small black hole)

And maybe, at the end, the two sentence listed above are pretty match the same.

Would you do some brainstorming? Also black hole tips?
Sorry for my bad english (I`m italian, pizza, mandolino)
>>
>>8949302
Why does life need to have a reason, why dont you just simply think about it as a consequence of how the universe works?
>>
>>8949316
Have u ever seen "True Detective"?
there is a guy with a strange concept:
Consciousness is just an error of the nature, something that shouldn't exist, and the most honorable thing humanity can do is stop reproduction: go together to the end of humanity.

If life has a purpose, so why live with the illusion of having a choice?
This lead to the second option, small black hole.
>>
>>8949331
I think anti-natalism is wrong because no matter how hard you try you will never eradicate all life, and so intelligent life is likely to arise at some point somewhere in the universe, or if not in this one, certainly in some other one. We actually have no choice but to exist, and so we're better off trying to preserve life and making existence better.
>>
>>8949331
The dellusion is to think there is a profound reason, a purpose, existance cant be an error, because for there to be an error there must be a plan, a mastermind behind all, and thst makes no sense, and if you are willing to believe there is a mastermind behind you might as well be willing to believe that the universe doesnt need something like that in order to exist
>>
>>8949404
Interesting answers.
So what about afterlife? and what do you believe in?
>>
>>8949454
I cant know the answer for sure, but i believe that as well as before i am born, when i die i will cease existing
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>8949302
Life is a single thing. "Human life" is just an element of the set.The purpose of life is to continue living.
Life goes on by mindfully interacting with its environment(behavoir) interpreting it's environment with biosemiotics, all that jazz and then reproduction.
>involving all human minds and maybe the minds of all creatures
Interesting, despite being a total brainlet you sorta figured something out. I have always said holistic consciousness should be the moon we shoot for, we already have deep ecology. We need to find and distribute knowlege of life to do this. The last religion, religious biology.
Pic related, it's you.
>>
>>8949454
>afterlife
I think the universe is permeated by some memory-less rudimentary consciousness (which is what allows for there to be consciousness at all to begin with) that we return to when we die
>>
>>8949302
Combine everything, and you get singularity

Destroy everything, and you get singularity

In order to achieve a hivemind, all would have to be equal

If all were to be equal, you would have to turn to communism

The ego frowns upon communism, so therefore, the ego yearns for individuality which stifles the progression towards a hive mind.
>>
meaning isn't inherently existent, rather it's built
"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked"
>>
>>8949578
That's only a naive ego. I am an individualist and my ego includes all of life. Ego boundaries are set by knowlege. If you eat 8 grams of magic mushrooms while being immersed in ecology I guarantee you will see what I'm talking about. I actually can't tell if I am depersonalized or unified, it's weird .
>>
>>8949608

Joe Rogan is that you?
>>
>>8949608
Ego boundaries are set by *experience.
A special kind of knowlege. You can understand interconnectivity but you have to experience interconnectness for higher order consciousness.
Here. Learn about this
https://www.schumachercollege.org.uk/learning-resources/what-is-deep-ecology
Mushrooms and ecology aren't at all necessary btw. I was a deep ecologist before I knew what ecology was. Although mystically experiencing life, ego death, and disillusionment while taking drugs later in life was a big fat old redpill
>>
>>8949302
>life purpose
>goal of humanity

I believe that these are two different things. Life purpose is created by the individual, and is therefore inherently subjective. The goal of humanity is dictated by a multitude of people, making it incomprehensible to any single individual.
>>
>>8949302
How is this /sci/ exactly?
>>
>>8949302
The sole purpose of life is to reproduce
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.