[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like attending an ivy league in a STEM related field?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: MIT_Barker_Library.jpg (98KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MIT_Barker_Library.jpg
98KB, 800x1200px
What's it like attending an ivy league in a STEM related field?
>>
File: 1489103364401.jpg (9KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1489103364401.jpg
9KB, 275x275px
>>8947964
>anyone on /sci/
>ivy league
>anyone on /sci/
>university
>>
>>8947964
Pointless for undergraduate desu
I think it best to go to a school for undergraduate where you know YOU will study a lot and familiarize yourself with your subject, and then go to a good grad school with plenty of funding
Example, go to UT Austin for physics and then Caltech for Condensed Matter research
>>
>>8947983
I'm going to Harvard , AMA

>>8947999
>t. community colleges graduate
Top schools offer unparalleled opportunities and finically aid . Although top state schools are probably comparable , they are often more expensive(if you're not rich). Top schools have enormous endowments and small classes , making it easier for each individual to learn . It looks better on resumes , yes, even for undergrad, and top research universities and LACs produce the greatest amount of PHD students . You'd have to be an idiot to think you won't get a better education at a top 20 school.
>>
>>8948024
can you prove you are attending harvard?
>>
File: numberthesis.png (64KB, 735x708px) Image search: [Google]
numberthesis.png
64KB, 735x708px
>>
>>8948048
>>8947983

I've seen many timestamped MIT student IDs / acceptance letters and more than one Caltech ID on /sci/
>>
>>8948024

How chinese are you?
>>
>>8948048
Yeah probably
>>8948064
White /10
>>
>>8948076
>White
>being permitted to go to an ivy league
whose dick did you suck to get around the affirmative action blockade?
>>
>>8947964
bigger schools have more robust weed out classes for undergrad. Your first 2 years of classes are going to be 200+ auditorium. Tests 4-6 questions multiple choice with no partial credit. You'll fail easily if you aren't careful. Thats about it. The curriculum is probably the same though.
>>
>>8948024
>there are no good textbooks or resources online for learning any subject
>better go to a flashy school to have some cuck spoonfeed it to me
Yeah, you're right. Guess I actually am retarded after all.
>>
>>8948078
It doesn't matter whose dick you suck as long as you can prove that you suck dick.
>>
>>8948111
Can this be /sci/'s new banner?
>>
>>8947964
Having studied at both non ivy league and ivy league I would say classes feel mostly the same. There appears to be more high achievers and try hards at the ivy league school. Theres definitely greater emphasis on research and academic events at the ivy league school.
>>
>>8947964
Eh. It's a'aight.
>>
>>8948024
>AMA
How did you get accepted to Harvard without knowing how punctuation works?
>>
>>8947999

Underrated post. IMO, for STEM undergrad you're better off going to Big State U. and getting a degree in chemistry or physics or math, doing an REU or two at a target grad school (in addition to working in a lab at your undergrad), and paying in-state tuition. If you're from a state that has a top-notch flagship school in the state university system -- California, Washington, Texas, Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, etc. -- this is a no-brainer.
>>
>>8947964
>Hard fucking work
>Constant stress
>Incredibly competitive

Learn a lot of good shit tho.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.