[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARK MATTER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1471501497341.png (23KB, 895x574px) Image search: [Google]
1471501497341.png
23KB, 895x574px
What do you, yes (You), think the darkmatter is? Which of the DM theories would you bet your money on?

Personally, I like Self-interacting darkmatter (SIDM) theory.
>>
I like axions and ALPs.

I think WIMPs, should they exist, are below the coherent neutrino scattering "floor".
>>
Wasn't it proved last year by those gravitational wave detectors that it's literally just more black holes than we originally expected?
>>
>>8947705
A fantasy.
>>
>>8947748
no. black holes don't explain the movements of the stars within a galaxy. it's next to impossible to explain it without DM.
>>
File: excuse me.png (66KB, 780x387px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.png
66KB, 780x387px
i dont see why the existence of a bunch of literally invisible matter is more likely than just our theories on gravity not working on a large scale
>>
>>8947759
>Posit an invisible eternal being exists
>Tipped at.
>Posit an invisible eternal energy/matter exists.
>Heralded as truth.
>>
>>8947827
> heralded as truth
it's heralded as a serious problem with our current theory
>>
>>8947759

Sounds like you are in support of MOND then
>>
>>8947705

It derives from the excess energy in our universe which was caused by aliens siphoning energy from other universes in the multiverse as a power source
>>
>>8948482
kek'd. but DM is made up of particles. how do you account for that?
>>
>>8947959
>MOND
cute. too bad the theory's full of holes.
>>
Fuckers in grad school telling me, always in the particle physics wing Dark Matter ain’t this, Dark Matter ain’t that it an unsolved problem in physics and them He, he they say that physicists don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y'all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Dark Matter ain’t self-interacting Dark Matter ain’t cold Dark Matter a fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y'all don’t live with that shit Y'all know that shit got caught fucking with rotation curves and shit's been questioned since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin' playin' with it like that Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Dark Matter I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more
>>
>>8947705
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1611.02269.pdf
dis wan
>>
You know when you buy something and they round the change up? That's where all the dark matter comes from.
>>
Gravity is a property, not a field.
>>
>new video by Vaauce, scishow, numberphile etc.
>coincidentqlly always a thread on /sci/ with people mentioning the exact things from the video
>>
>>8947757
I think what >>8947748 means is that they're debating the possibility that the black holes they measured with the GW detectors were formed by collapsing DM. That's a fair point considering DM, if it actually is particles, would easily form black holes since it's not affected by the EM force.
>>
>>8947705
Is there any evidence for this outside of our old theory not matching reality?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.