[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find math's cogency and symmetry beautiful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0522.png (76KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0522.png
76KB, 300x260px
Does anyone else find math's cogency and symmetry beautiful?
>>
ye it's pretty neat

good thread op
>>
File: lucas-sequence-triangle-rough.jpg (223KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lucas-sequence-triangle-rough.jpg
223KB, 1440x1080px
that highlighted sequence is found in this triangle order in the 3rd diagonal sequence going down and right.
>>
File: 1,4,9,squarepattern.jpg (269KB, 877x549px) Image search: [Google]
1,4,9,squarepattern.jpg
269KB, 877x549px
The highlighted sequence is a linear square pattern.
>>
>>8947412
>Does anyone else find math's cogency and symmetry beautiful?
No, but the idea that people think its merely coincidental is maddening
>>
>>8947412
Any logical model will possess cogency and symmetry, because the axioms at its foundation demand it. It's baked in from the start.

Also, this: >>8947847
>>
BEHOLD
>>
File: rufkm.jpg (5KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
rufkm.jpg
5KB, 227x222px
>>8947412
>a*b=b*a

You're really on to something OP
>>
DAE think the times tables contains the secrets of the universe?
>>
File: squarestats.jpg (124KB, 680x449px) Image search: [Google]
squarestats.jpg
124KB, 680x449px
>>
>>8948670
What am I supposed to be seeing. This is a table of values of (n+1)/n and (n+1)^2/n^2.
>>
>>8948728
*(n+2)/n
>>
File: hillary.jpg (147KB, 654x655px) Image search: [Google]
hillary.jpg
147KB, 654x655px
>>8947412
Yes, I do.

One time I wrote down a set of prime numbers in a given range, and added up their digits and then proceeded to add up each pair of subsequent sums.

I found that there were sums of interesting series of repeating digits and digits that incremented consecutively in the series on a consistent difference or factor.

It was more or less just a way for me and a couple of class mates to joke around with arithmetics in economics class.

I have an eye for numerical patterns and geometric order. I was quoted at one time as saying to a group of my class mates : "There is nothing sexier than two close parallel lines."

I'd like to think my desirable in patterns is due to having nothing better to do than derive patterns and consistencies in my bathroom's tiling when I took a shit as a kid.
>>
>>8947412
Math is chaos. We are the ones who can only grasp the nice things that behave well
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.