[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The opiate epidemic is over....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1216.png (1023KB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.png
1023KB, 2001x1125px
All the sob story faggots who think their lives have to be dangerous and miserable are in for a surprise.
The government is going to require these tools get on methadone and shut up.
The methadone will make sure they feel fine-good enough to function, so they will have to shut up, get a job, and become a productive member of society. If we get heroin assisted treatment in the us, like they have all over europe, even better. The epidemic is over. The solution is right under our noses. Its methadone.
>>
funny, op. methadone is a useful tool for addicts but junkies gonna junk. most methadone overdoses are in conjunction with benzos, and that shit has a crazy long halflife... the wait for a lot of those programs can be insane, too.

the solution is actually medical grade heroin. most overdoses are from inconsistency. it's been shown time and time again addicts don't often overdose if they actually know how much of the drug they need to get well.
>>
>we can end the opiate epidemic by forcing opiate addicts to take another opiate
That really made me think, OP
>>
>>8943340
this
and
>crazy long halflife
make for a literal worst case scenario ever

Heroin withdraw is really bad, but the intense part is only a week or so, even with a heavy habit. Methadone withdraw can last MONTHS.
Not PAWS, the literal opiate withdraw itself, can and often does last M O N T H S with methadone.

Not to mention to get the methadone, you have to go to the clinic where you're surrounded by people who are getting methadone just to have something hold them over when they are dry, so they dont get too sick to function.

People rarely quit opiates with substitute opiates, and end up just taking them till they relapse or can afford better opiates.

IMO the best way to quit opiates is by taper, theres medical literature on this even. IIRC you take 20% of your previous dose and this holds off many of the worst symptoms.
>>
>>8943288
I dont disagree with you anon. HAT is a huge succes in germany switzerland the netherlands england and denmark. It needs to be adopted yin the us for addicts who need are sharper high than methadone affords. Some addicts are ok with methadone. Some need a true high tho. In the countries where they have HAT (heroin assisted treatment) overdoses have dropped to near zero. If addicts take there dose of heroin in a med clinic under hc professional supervision, there is no chance of overdose.
>>8943372
Thats why you dont get off of it faggot.
"Oh no im such a slave to methadone i have to go to the clinic once a month to get my monthly supply and then i feel fine everyday... im such a slave...
Although my prozac i get at the pharmacy once a month... oh no thats not slavery... thats convenient..."

The failure in logic is retard tier.
>>
>>8943514
haha holy shit you cannot be this retarded
The point is you are replacing one dependency with another much worse dependency you stupid twat
>>
Methadone treatment isn't new, its decades old if I remember correctly.

Methadone won't stop opiate abuse across the nation.
>>
>>8943516
So if you replace cancer with a dependency on chemo, ZOMG DEPENDENCY DEPENCY SOUND THE ALARMS DEPENDENCY!!!

Or if you take an old person and put them on blood thinners to prevent a heart attack ZOMG ZOMG DEPENDENCY SOUND THE ALARMS DEPENDENCY!!!

You literally are too stupid to do any other job than eat dead peoples feces to detect for plutonium by seeing if you die.
You arent the same species as me. Go fuck a baboon you inferior primate.
>>
>>8943640
>false equivalence
Chemo is a life saving procedure, methadone isn't
>>
The treatment is methadone....alongside other mental health treatment for addiction. Unfortunately, our current government hates junkies and freeloaders. They want to shut down clinics and health centers that don't generate revenue. Maybe the answer is methadone clinics....maybe it's eugenics through passive genocide!
>>
>>8943514
prozac is fucking slavery. SSRIs are more poison than the heroin you're shooting up
>>
>>8943519
>Methadone won't stop opiate abuse across the nation.

What if, while sentencing offenders, we offered free methadone therapy, as an alternative to going to jail.

Then, with the enormous amounts of money saved, we offer free methadone therapy to the general public.

Saving gazillions of dollars from the prison system, the court system, having more productive citizens, etc
Drastically increase happiness and quality of life for a lot of people

oh wait, a few corporations would see decreased profits, NEXT IDEA
>>
>>8943514
>dont get off of it
then why did you even quit in the first place

that's all heroin becomes anyway, "maintenance" because eventually your tolerance builds and you dont have enough money to shoot up half a gram every day, so you just do enough to get you normal and maybe feeling good for a few hours

heroin is cheaper than methadone, at least where i live
>>
> shut up, get a job, and become a productive member of society.

Every pharmacy is also a methadone clinic in my city. When I have to wait for a prescription to get processed I see five or six people come in for their cups of pink liquid. Almost all of them are still dressing and acting like panhandling crust punks.

At least they're not breaking into my apartment to get drug money, but most of them started taking heroin in the first place because of mental health problems or being shitty human beings. Methadone doesn't fix that.
>>
>>8943275
Thats a shit solution. We should just spike all the heroin with fentanyl and not spend more of my tax dollars on commie bullshit programs
>>
>>8944227
but the methadone isn't free?? we're not saving anything if we give it away.

this stuff would work for the people who actually want to clean up their act, but I'm presuming you've never had any experience with an addict or medication yourself. the people who are junkies actually WANT to be junkies. they wont change even if you spoon feed them everything.
>>
>>8943275
It's not over retard.
The government should do what it can to protect our white citizens.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.