[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixed vs. Growth Mindset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So /sci/,

Do you believe that you're one or the other? Or is this growth mindset bs just a meme to inspire brainlets to make them think that they can become as smart as Einstein?
>>
>tfw deterministic w/ free-will mindset, just want to keep learning to find my limit.
>>
>>8942271
Obviously, intelligence isn't static, if you could reliably modify the structure of your brain without breaking things, you would be able to make yourself incredibly smart (or as smart as something can be when made of neurons).

Generally, if you're smart enough to spot a weakness in your intelligence, then you're smart enough to develop some method of making up for that weakness. But there's a difference between intelligence vs. something making up for a lack of intelligence.
>>
The way I look at it is that everyone's brain has a certain amount of CPU. Some people more then others some people less. Everyone has their personalities which is part of their hardware (brain). Now anyone can learn stuff and we clearly do it's just that not everyone is interested in the same shit. Not everyone gives a fuck about the same things like mathematics and physics. I imagine learning as sort of loading things on your hard drive/memory but what a person is mostly interested will be what they load onto their hard drive/memory. A person's williningness to embrace, avoid challenges, persist, give up, see effort as fruitless or a path to mastery, ignore or learn from criticism and feel threatned or inspired by other people is dependent on their personality/upbrining and is different from intelligence but still related. An intelligent person does not give a shit about things a person that an unintelligent person does.

This viewpoint might make people feel like they aren't so important after (they aren't).

tl;dr skills/knowledge is just loaded onto people's brains to an extent.
>>
>>8942271
This >>8942287 desu

OP picture is incredibly generic and hardly can describe anything

>challenges depends on your mood, if you are motivated you will keep going, if you aren't you will give up when things get too hard
>same for setbacks
>avoiding effort can be considered smarter than working hard if this is achieved by choosing smarter means to reach a goal
>criticism is only valid if said person actually knows jack about what they are talking about - most people tend to criticize what they don't know, thus giving no useful feedback
>this is probably the only actual difference - a person who tends to feel threatened instead of encouraging others is indeed a person who fears they will not appear better than them anymore
>>
Too bad your mindset won't change your actual intelligence (which is fixed). Facts don't care about your feelings you know.
>>
>>8942380
A mindset actually motivated to improve will be indeed improving their skills and eventually be more successful than the fixed one

>Facts don't care about your feelings
That's if they are facts in first place.
Who said intelligence is fixed and based on what?
>>
It is 100% true, I always take extreme challenges to the point that I can't finish them.It always looks stupid and pretentious, but I'm generally interested, my brain stamina is trained by these challenges.My intelligence has definetly developed, I was average as a kid(judging by being good at math) now Im way above average.
>>
Humans vastly overestimate their own knowledge and success, and vastly underestimate the environment and social structure their actions are imbedded in.

The reason you even think about a "fixed vs growth" mindset is because you happen to be in a low-resources, highly populated area, most likely college/urban, where your financial or academical success is somehow beneficial to you.

If you lived in 1917's russia or 1950' china, where intelligentia was systematically hunted, your primal concern would no be to appear very smart.
>>
>>8942271
Is this infographic fixed and absolute or flexible and dynamic?
>>
>>8942271
Like all self help take notes all successful people and make some connections and add a lot buzzwords, real successful people don't need to label themselves or shaming another's, just get thing them want.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.