[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg (286KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg
286KB, 1200x1600px
If a male and female consume things that are
good for health and also for the improvement of the brain,and then they have sex, is the offspring going to be more intelligent and healthier?
>>
There seems to be some truth to the idea where intelligens is heritable, where the east-asians scores the best I think. But the way you eat doesn´t effect your DNA so I doubt that part.

Now, to my dumb question, does anyone know the oxidation steps when
C2H4 -> CH20

I know its similar to the methane steps, but not sure how it goes when I´ve got two carbons..
>>
Unless you can document that said things alter your DNA, no. If the mother eats said things during her pregnancy, then I could see there being an effect, but again, need documentation. Look it up.
>>
>>8941203
I vaguely remember a study that suggested your baby would be good at things you were doing a lot of when they were conceived. Sort of related to what you're saying
>>
>>8941203
Epigenetics will tell you why this is actually pretty likely true
>>
>>8941203
Epigenetics is weird voodoo shit.
Probably.
>>
>>8941209
>CH20
... I maybe be but a simple country chemist, but that doesn't sound right.
>>
>>8941203
>if they consume things that are good for health
Sure, you'll get healthier gametes by proxy because your body is doing a better job at producing them. Probably.

>offspring being more intelligent
That makes no sense, there is no connection happening between the two things.
>>
>>8941394
Its formaldehyde
>>
>>8941420
I thought that because of East Asian people; fish is a regular thing of their diet, and theyu say that fish is good for the brain; the average IQ of an East Asian is high; I don´t know if it makes sense
>>
I don't know about genetically, I've never heard of this epigenetics stuff before this thread but my brain's too small for it so

But after birth the parents are more likely to raise the child by feeding them things that are good for health and brain, and instil the habit of doing so in child. So in that respect yes.
>>
>>8941427
its CH2O no CH20
>>
Aftershave and perfume products are known to reduce testosterone in male babies if the mother is exposed to them during pregnancy. Lots of other modern products fuck with developing infants. Weed smoked by a mother especially reduces testicle size in developing males.

Rural men tend to be more high test because their families don't consume these detrimental products.
>>
>>8941251

I guess my kid will be a champion at jacking off.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.