[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If given an infinite amount of time, time travel is possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1488866191675.gif (36KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
1488866191675.gif
36KB, 600x509px
If given an infinite amount of time, time travel is possible to discover. We haven't communicated with any time travelers because the human race went extinct before we can develop time travel.
>>
>>8940924
lol i don't know yes i think lol
>>
>>8940924
>only if time travel is actually possible
>you can only travel as far back as when you invented it
>>
>>8940924
Nice. But we don't have an infinite amount of time.
>>
File: kek.jpg (18KB, 404x290px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
18KB, 404x290px
>>8940930
>you can only travel as far back as when you invented it
How do you know that?
>>8940933
Yeah thats why we haven't meet our selves. We don't have enough time.

What if time travel is impossible but you could travel to another dimension that is exactly the same but 10 minutes in the past. While it wouldn't be the same universe, it wouldn't matter because to you it would be.
>>
>>8940955
That was not what OP implied. But don't get your hopes up on traversing the multiverse either, considering it's just an interpretation of strings
>>
>>8940983
Of course this is all conjecture.
>>
File: X on SCI.png (31KB, 694x968px) Image search: [Google]
X on SCI.png
31KB, 694x968px
>>8940924
>>
>>8940955
It's just a theory that's been bandied about. Basically if you use a worm hole that you create, you can only travel as far back as to the beginning of that worm hole.
>>
>>8940924
B-but, what about John Titor-san?
>>
The universe can be only 10^200 Planck times old at max.
>>
>>8940924
Closed timelike curves can only be used to travel back to the point in time they were created. Its like that game portal you nerds are so obsessed about, someone has to be at the when you want to travel to to set down the exit portal. You only have to wait 19 more years until we make this technology available to the peasants.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.