[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are all STEM enthusiasts always pure nihilists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (1MB, 1786x2162px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 1786x2162px
Why are all STEM enthusiasts always pure nihilists?
>>
>>8940200
i mean narcissists
>>
>>8940203
kek

small penis size probably
>>
>>8940200
>STEM enthusiasts
You mean popsci faggots?
>>
>>8940200 (OP)
>>8940203
Why not both?
>burned degree
>>
something like:

>I know a lot about this one obscure field in math
>BOW DOWN BEFORE ME, MY JOB IS TO MAKE COMPUTER ALGORITHMS FOR ADS

Only STEM majors I could stand in school were zoologists, biologists, physics majors, civil engineers, and economists.

Math majors were really iffy. It was either quiet, kind kids who were truly dedicated to their field or assholes who think that being good at math means they are better than anyone else

Oh yeah and pre-med students should all die
>>
>>8940203
You were still correct tho
>>
>>8941490
I think it's because as soon as you take any STEM courses and get basic college knowledge of the world you realize we're all doomed and it IS all meaningless with no way to change that. That's why I don't get why Einstein believed in a god since he didn't believe in an afterlife and a God that made everything just to make you realize (since he was determinist) nothing matters before killing you (and the whole fucking universe) is questionably malignant or just nonexistent
>>
>>8940200
>>8940203
Not true in my experience. Plenty of people who weren't having babby's first existential crisis and even more who cared about others.
>>
>>8941505
Even with that thesis, why are so many STEM kids such assholes and elitists?
>>
>>8941518
>muh thinking mans degree
>>8941512
I hear that get used a lot but it doesn't refute anything
>>
>>8941565
Similarly your argument has no backing either
>>
>>8940200
They arent. Neets are. And neets universally sit on computers. So they have a consumerist/entertainment oriented appreciation of... Video cards and the one thing they might be and to do from home, programming. The actual common factor amongst nihilists is failure. Go talk to a bunch of metallurgists or automation optics engineers. Instead of 4chan neets.
>>
>>8940200
Edgy world view to justify spending all their waking hours stuck in a lab running assays/experiments
>>
Because you can't prove anything has meaning.
>>
>>8941512
I'm a nihilist but I don't experience existential crisis. It's difficult for me to wrap my head around not being a nihilist.
>>
>>8941490
>economists
>STEM
>>
>>8940200
Deeply rooted insecurity

The fact that they are inferior in every aspect of their lives, and desperately need something to cling to

One day they wake up and decide that they are "smart" and this becomes the basis of their fragile self esteem

99% of science PhDs are mediocre people.
>>
Im not a narcissist. I dont know how to describe what I believe.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.