[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will apes evolve someday? Will they learn to talk, or to build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: grl.jpg (133KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
grl.jpg
133KB, 1280x640px
Will apes evolve someday?
Will they learn to talk, or to build more complex
constructions?
What other specie/s have the possibility to evolve like humans did?
>>
>>8938718
Yes they will and they'll probably overtake niggers. Africa will only catch up with Europe after new apes will take over.
>>
>>8938718
All species undergo constant evolution, with spikes of change and periods of relative conservatism but it's still an evergoing process.
>>
>>8938718
no
no
none
apes (and pretty much everything else) are they way they are and not like us, because they've reached an evolutionary equilibrium and settled for what they had, now we completely dominate the environment and whether deliberately or not, we will choke anything that tries to break the status quo to death.
If you don't fully follow that last part, feel free to ask, otherwise I don't feel like writing a litany if everyone gets it.
>>
>>8938718
Little to none. It will take along time to recover from the anthropocene, apes could very easily disappear entirely in the next 100 years. Assuming great apes do make it by some miracle they would be living in a post apocalyptic waste land for millions of years until synergy builds up. Then the chances of them quasi-teleologically evolving to hominid-like cognitive phenotypes are anyone's fucking guess but very low. They will most likely go extinct with us and most higher order living systems that they need to be a part of.
Who knows? After we go extinct(soon) apes could come into human ruins and radiate to fill the niches we skull-fucked into the landscape.
>>
>>8938718
>What other specie/s have the possibility to evolve like humans did?
Asians
>>
>>8938718
Yes, but they could also evolve in a less intelligent specie that reproduces faster and in more quantity overtaking current apes. Evolution is not improvement, it's only a matter of casual mutation and it's impact on reproduction
>>
>>8938718
>Will apes evolve someday?
>Will they learn to talk, or to build more complex
constructions?
They've already learnt to post on /sci/.
Not exactly a sign of intelligence but it should probably count for something at least.
>>
>>8938750
Top KEK
>>
>>8938718
Only if Africa dries up.
>>
>>8938718
I think cephalopods are the next in line for human like intelligence,
>>
>>8938768
Nope never.
>>
File: cthulhu_by_disse86-d9tq84i.jpg (118KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
cthulhu_by_disse86-d9tq84i.jpg
118KB, 1063x752px
>>8938782
>Never
>>
File: p01cb4mg.jpg (29KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
p01cb4mg.jpg
29KB, 624x351px
>>8938718
Mankind's destiny is to uplift and guide its cousins, starting with Apes and Dolphins. We will not be alone in the universe, because we will create our own friends.

"Companions the Creator seeks, not corpses, herds or believers. Fellow creators the Creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the Creator seeks, and fellow harvesters, for everything about Him is ripe for the harvest."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
>>
>>8938718
They have already evolved from proto-apes.
Lrn2evolution fgt pls
>>
>>8938726

Im a brainlet and I dont get the last bit
>>
>>8938718
They already are. Every living thing undergoes evolution. (Yes, even living fossils, but in their case the new traits don't catch on.)
>>
>>8938789
>implying they will ever leave the ocean without mutating an endoskeleton.
>>
>>8940642
>(Yes, even living fossils, but in their case the new traits don't catch on.)

Or are not grossly evident. More efficient enzymes for various internal processes, more advanced behaviors, etc. would not be evident from comparing with the fossil record.
>>
>>8940659
Fair point.
>>
>>8938718
Not enough of them and not spread widely. Especially considering that we go out of our way to preserve them, us existing means they likely will never do so.

Also "apes" isn't a species, we're apes too. It's a grouping of groups, which group other groups which group species.

Most apes are long dead, even more will be in the next 200-300 years. Possibly all but 3-4.
>>
>>8938718
no, because we're taking them with us when we go
>>
>>8938791
>>uplift
fuck that gay furry shit.
>>
>>8938718
They are already evolving (mutating) because every living species does that.
A species can remain apparently static for long, but it just means that those mutations were not particularly successful.
On a long term genetic stability is an illusion.
>Will they learn to talk, or to build more complex constructions?
It's possible, nobody can say for certain.
>What other specie/s have the possibility to evolve like humans did?
All of them, included insects species.
They wouldn't be the same species though, they would mutate into something very different.
>>
Oh yes, but they already did.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.