[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Feynman general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: richard-feynman.jpg (105KB, 1038x1038px) Image search: [Google]
richard-feynman.jpg
105KB, 1038x1038px
Redpill me on Feynman. Why is he so important, why is he a genius?
Everytime you mention him, physicist and educated laypersons get their panties moist. Why?
>>
>>8937757
>redpill
Fuck off
>>
File: 1495580240382.png (136KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495580240382.png
136KB, 250x250px
>>8937757
Read one of his books.
>>
He discovered a lot of important and fundamental physics concepts which you've never heard of because you're a brainlet

It's kind of pointless to try to just explain quickly because if people list off what he discovered you would just be like "what's that? huh? what's that?"
>>
>>8937770
>>8937760

so you cant actually communicate what he discovered because you probably dont know it. you just want to pretend you are superior.
you fgts heard the name and read the fucking wiki and now pretend like you know shit. you dont. celebrity scientists are kim kardashians of science.

>>8937765
name one i should read and why?
>>
>>8937777
did you create this thread exclusively for the purposes of getting upset when people are correctly telling you to just read the fucking Wikipedia article or one of his books?
>>
>>8937757
He never discovered anything.
He dumbed down physics for mentally challenged laymen and lobbed for his path integral formulation of QM, which isn't really his idea either.
Fucking fraud.
>>
>>8937788
Why are you so annoyed he could talk to people and wasn't an autist like you?
>>
File: d.jpg (18KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
18KB, 300x361px
Let me red pill you on Richard Feynman. He is the poverty tier version of Richard Bellman, that's all yo u gotta know.
>>
>>8937810
I'm not an autismo. I'm just dumb.
>>
He wrote a bad physics book that got meme value. He didn't even understand what is variational calculus.
>>
>>8937757
he's only famous because he's the only nerd in history who could get laid FACT
>>
>>8937777
Quads, nice. So Feynman is know for
1) QCD i.e quantized e&m, accurate to 16 digits (possibly more but that's the limit of our measurements). This was actually done with 2 other guys but they had different ways of doing it, the different ways were found to be equivalent by freeman dyson.
2) In his thesis there was the path integral formulation of qm, though this was also done with his thesis adviser wheeler and is based on wieners work. The path integral formulation gives a nice way to approximate otherwise nasty systems that'd be a bitch to do otherwise.
3) He worked on the theory of superfluity for liquid helium, a special case of a more general framework that is still being worked out (super fluids are a hot topic in condensed matter physics)
4) Feynman diagrams, useful for doing calculations in that they can describe particle interactions in terms of summing up several smaller, easier calculations.
5) Expository texts, he has some nice books, particularly his "feynman lectures" found online thanks to caltech, people consider them to be excellent, though you may or may not like them yourself.

There was also his personality and many of the stories about him, though many of these are exaggerated and some could be totally fabricated, this is supported by people like gell mann and susskind who knew him personally. Frankly, there are many other physicists who are superior yet because of pop-culture there's a certain dick sucking that surrounds feynman.
>>
>>8937842
He didn't even understand what is english.
>>
File: IMG_3084.jpg (196KB, 1136x593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3084.jpg
196KB, 1136x593px
Gee I dunno

I think he got one of those Nobel things that Obama got or something
>>
>>8937770
He didn't discover anything, his contribution was to make a model for quantum interactions.
>>
>>8937777
>>8937788
>>8937933
Damn good digits in this thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 452x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 452x541px
>>8937943
>Obama gets Nobel peace prize
>Kissinger
Why not reanimate Stalin and give him one too right?
>>
>>8937757
He's super famous among college plebs, relatively speaking, for being one of the best communicators of science to have ever lived. His recorded lectures are still amazing today.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.