[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Algae plants?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Are Algae plants?
>>
some
>>
>>8937398
I think they're sponges.
>>
>>8937398
No they're algae
>>
No, but plants descended from algaes
>>
>>8937446
They do? Or they have a commun ancestor?
>>
>>8937467
They descended from green algae (charophytes), and they share a common ancestor with the other types of algae
>>
>>8937446
Why are green algae under plantae?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_algae
>>
>>8937475
Where do you see that?
>>
>>8937475
I think the reason why plants doesn´t go under charophytes in the caldogram is because they evolved from charophytes when they adapted to life on land, meanwhile the charophytes continued to live in water. So they didn´t evolve like the classical "one species slowly changing to another species" way, but rather formed a sister group.

If that makes sense
>>
>>8937517
Cladogram*
>>
>>8937398
Algae refers to very diverse organisms that can be found in many unrelated taxa, and as such it's not on the same "level" as plants for example which is the common name for the kingdom plantae (which includes some algae btw)

It's like if you asked are flying animals mammals ?

I'd tell you some mammals do fly, not all, and that you can find flying animals out of mammals. Same with Algae and plants

In modern biology
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.