[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I escape the vicious circle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2g9v86i73lny.jpg (43KB, 800x748px) Image search: [Google]
2g9v86i73lny.jpg
43KB, 800x748px
I was having a hard time keeping my focus while studying for the upcoming exams, so I started to drink coffee before studying sessions a month ago. It worked pretty well for me, I managed to ace the analysis exams, but I've developed a dependence, so I can't even get out of the bed without popping 500mg in the morning anymore. I have analytical geometry exams coming up next week, so I CANNOT afford to stop cold turkey, and I can't taper down. Anything less than 500mg and I become a dysfunctional zombie.

Anyways, the problem is that I'm burned out and not even caffeine helps anymore. I can follow the lectures in the morning pretty well, but I get so fucking tired by the afternoon that I can't study at all, I get a throbbling headache and get depressed and suicidal until I lay down to sleep. If I continue like that, I will fucking fail my exams.

Any caffeine fags around here who are experienced with this shit? I need some fucking advice man, and don't redirect me to >>>/adv/, those guys are fucking retards and don't even know what it takes to study math ffs
>inb4 dumb frogposter
give me a fucking break, im feeling bad enough on my own
>>
>>8933283
You're an addict, Harry
>>
>>8933283
My caffeine addiction took 3 days to get over.

Worst migraines of my life but I was crystal clear after that.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
uh, i would suggest exploring mindfullness.
maybe give your brain reset//chill a bit

>>8933283
>>
>>8933283
Replace coffee with tea, or pop an l-theanine before your exam.
>>
>>8933283

Take a break or buy some speed.
>>
>>8933310
This.
And while you'll feel like being dysfunctional you in fact will not be.
>>
Caffeine/Coffee can really fuck you up.

Either quit cold turkey or ween off in increments of half dose every day.
>>
>>8933283

Get prescribed ritalin or adderall. BAM.

Get an espresso maker for 300 bucks. They satisfy the cue of "hot steaming drink that tastes like coffee" but without as much caffeine. And they taste fucking good as a side benefit.

I can never go back to cups of black tar.
>>
>>8933310
This.
I 100% work better without caffiene, and this is from someone who was addicted to red bull for about a year. It wasn't hard to get over, I just never bothered to stop.
The problem with caffiene is it makes you feel like you're working faster when you're not. It also really fucks with your ability to recall information.
>>
>>8933283
Assuming you're not just taking caffiene pills, the cure to most drink based addictions (that worked for me with coffee, energy drinks and beer) is:
Everytime you get the urge for a coffee or energy drink or alcohol or whatever, drink as much water as you possibly can, until you can't drink anymore
Absolutely 100% works, and that's an anon guarentee, i've used it about 4 times at various points in my life. Honestly I think the difference between getting a headache or not when you go cold turkey off coffee is the amount of sleep you get the night before, a long long sleep and waking up early = no headaches
>>
>>8933283
I really had the same problems as you, but I realized that my problems were mostly with sleep.
In my first semester my sleep schedule was completely fucked up, sleeping from 2 to 7 in the morning on some days and from 3 to 12 on others.
I basically relied on caffeine to keep me awake, going to a lecture without it would mean sitting there for 1.5 hours barely aware of anything around me.

The actual problem here wasn't just the caffeine, but that my sleep schedule was completely broken, I fixed it setting my alarm clocks to (6:00 and 6:30) and woke up every day (7 times a week without exception) at these time. (I don't know if this is actually a good idea though, maybe gradually changing it is better?)

Which at the beginning was obviously very hard (I eased it by drinking caffeine, but again this might possibly be a bad idea?), but after some days/weeks I also went to sleep early and I started to wake up without any need for caffeine and was able to function throughout the day without problems especially the headaches were completely gone.

I think this really helped to get a better quality of life and have a more productive and focused day.

Also, if you feel sleepy in the after noon DO NOT GO TO SLEEP it is the best way to completely ruin your sleep schedule, wait until a point where you can sleep and wake up in the morning, do not go to sleep before that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.