[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better programming with discrete math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1490047178257.gif (99KB, 904x904px) Image search: [Google]
1490047178257.gif
99KB, 904x904px
>https://courses.csail.mit.edu/6.042/spring17/mcs.pdf
This a good place to start?
>>
>>8932806
You're funny. You simply don't need to make anything with that kind of math unless you are a total faggot trying to use some meme-tier "neural network, bro!". To get better at programming you simply need constantly work on programming projects that test your ability/push your limits (IE, something you have to read heavy documentation for). If you refuse to do this you won't get better you will be a shitty programmer forever
>>
>>8932806
That's too abstract, I think, to really be reasonable. Sure, maybe it can help you figure out a more efficient path, but 90% of all the bad code out there is that way just because of a lack of common sense. I think this is way overthinking it.

Here are my *sign* hard-learned tips:
>look at what others have done for real projects.
>don't be averse to following standards
>for the love of god, not everything needs to be a damned class
>think in terms of data structure, not algorithms. Algorithms are easy to change later, but changing data structure is much harder-- get that as close to right as you can the first time.

>>8932814
That in and of itself isn't enough. Lots of people think the way to be a "good programmer" is to write TONS of fucking code, wrap every instance variable behind a getter and setter, also they make everything a fucking class. Do you want to perpetuate the Java scourge? Because that's how you perpetuate the Java scourge.
>>
>>8932806
discrete ((((math)))) is useful only in few discrete transforms. rest of is just pure mental masturbation, and taking credit from topologists.and graph theory is a subfield of its own
>>
So what chapters of this textbook are actually useful to programming? Set theory, proofs?
>>
File: Discrete math.png (63KB, 669x794px) Image search: [Google]
Discrete math.png
63KB, 669x794px
>>8932806
Get dedicated books on the topics instead.
>>
>>8934423
Nothing. Discrete math books are useless unless they are ~3k pages. You want to get a book on each chapter of these bullshit texts. Conflating topology into 200 pages is ridiculous.
>>
>>8933658
is math jewish?
>>
>>8934433
thats a big list
>>
Sorry to be that guy, but looking for the last PDF for summer classes and seemed at least in the wheelhouse.

A Discrete Transition to Advanced Mathematics (4E)
Richmond

Found the solution manual
>>
lasso lasso oojee kuusepuu
>>
>>8934433
>Yeah bro just spend a year studying this topic and get a gorillion different books instead of spending a few month and use one book
Whoever wrote that post is retarded, and you're equally retarded for screen-capping it and reposting it.
Never post on /sci/ again.
>>
>>8934433
>Recommending Analytic Combinatorics for someone trying to get into discrete math

The poster's only intention was to name drop, because the recommendation is asinine.
>>
File: 1484801089723.png (462KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484801089723.png
462KB, 600x600px
>>8932806
>>
>>8932806

I would say that you will definately become better at serious programming with discrete math

However, I found that the USPS provides an API to calculate shipping costs
that works fine.

The one catch is that users would have to sign up for an API key, then copy
and paste it into IceCat. It would then be stored in the add-on's settings so
they wouldn't have to worry about it again.

This is the way to do it that the documentation recommends, so there are no
security concerns with storing the API credentials.

google "discreet mathematics demystified" it's a legit book
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.