[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else wanna make one of these? https://www.youtu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: SolarRay.jpg (59KB, 633x413px) Image search: [Google]
SolarRay.jpg
59KB, 633x413px
Does anyone else wanna make one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHzIaiWn3k
>>
>>8927584
no because losing your eyesight or causing someone else to lose eyesight is pretty spooky

plus we have other ways of getting things really hot in this modern age
>>
>>8927592
well thats no fun:/
>>
>>8927594
i dunno watching the lock melt was pretty cool but to me theres only so many things you can melt/burn and you can do that with something like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZVS-20A-induction-heating-board-Flyback-driver-heater-DIY-Cooker-ignition-coil-/122351569067?hash=item1c7cb8c8ab:g:Q1EAAOSw2gxYnt6R

plus some sand and bricks, and then you dont have to worry about the eye thing
>>
File: DSCN9597a.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9597a.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>8927584
I've made several. Everything from solar cookers to solar death rays to Fresnel cookers/furnaces (pic).

PROTIP: While 23k mirror pieces looks really cool, you can instead just glue a Mylar emergency blanket to a dish and have better performance and finish the construction job in like 10-15 mins.

This is more of a >>>/diy/ thing really.

>>8927592
This guy, while technically correct, is also an idiot. Though, only an idiot would get harmed around dangerous tools. When you handle several types of these devices you learn to be extra cautious. Like when carrying them around and positioning the parabolic dishes your shadow shouldn't cross the dish, but with Fresnel lens you shadow must cross it at all times. In storage they are always covered. That keeps you out of the focal points. As for eyesight, wear proper UV protection goggles.
>>
>>8928339
That webm doesn't look safe to me
>sun reflects off spatula
>blinds you and burns the bae next to you
>>
>>8928339
what happens if something knocks it over or around like a dog, kid, gust of wind, a retarded bird hits it

and on the way down it ruins your or your neighbors eyes.

it's like playing with one of those high power lasers, its more dangerous than it is fun, especially in your back yard
>>
File: DSCN9576a.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9576a.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>8928978
I couldn't even look at the sausage patties frying without welding goggles. Also, the reflections are just bright, not actually harmful unless you stare at them for too long, like staring at the sun. The focal point isn't a laser.

>doesn't look safe

kek
>>
>>8928988
>what happens if you are drunk and stumble into a camp fire?

Obviously, you ban all campfires.
>>
>>8928339
you need to reflect the beam to the underside of the cooking surface you idiot.
>>
File: 213.jpg (125KB, 512x272px) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
125KB, 512x272px
>>8929135
>reflect the beam

lol Fresnel lens do not work that way. Cooking from the top down works perfectly. It is a solar broiler.
>>
>>8928996
Cover everything in vantablack and repeat
>>
File: DSCF3483a.jpg (239KB, 1596x1084px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3483a.jpg
239KB, 1596x1084px
>>8929191
That'd work nicely for my solar box oven, but would be a waste for Fresnel stuff.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.