[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: heisenberg3-sized.jpg (25KB, 225x332px) Image search: [Google]
heisenberg3-sized.jpg
25KB, 225x332px
"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." - Werner Heisenberg
>>
It means that most people who are smart enough to complete rigorous education in natural sciences are also smart enough to grow out of edgy fedoralord materialism and understand that science and religion are two completely different domains.
>>
File: 1491102071003.jpg (19KB, 640x589px) Image search: [Google]
1491102071003.jpg
19KB, 640x589px
Discovering that life's incredible natural processes are self-regulating understandably makes one critical of sentiments like "God raises the sun every morning," and other religious notions that man and nature requires active oversight when change over time largely follows understood priori and trends.

However, deeper down the rabbit hole of human discovery still lies deep unknowns, irrational and unnatural phenomena that are accounted for but have never been understood. Modern schools of thought and formula theorize that there is in fact a limit to human comprehension of the universe as well. When you spend so much time analyzing the unnecessarily beautiful world we live in, it no longer seems foreign to believe in an active deity, sustaining and creating in the present day.
>>
>>8927066
The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you. But after drinking all the glasses, not only one, atheism comes back.
>>
>>8927086
>science and religion are two completely different domains.
>in the glass of SCIENCE, GOD waits for you

Your interpretion is so retarded I must assume you are a christcuck.
>>
>>8927110
>cannot understand a simple metaphor
>resorts to contrarian semantic games
>cuck
This board is 18+. Please, leave and stay in your containment dumpster.
>>
He just wants to sound smart tp get pussy. He was a fucking dog.
>>
>>8927066
By the end of your career in science, you will realize that your death is soon approaching, and will become religious out of fear.
>>
>>8927101
and after you've finished all the drinks in front of you, you head to the bar to ask the bartender for another, and God is standing there smiling back at you, ready to hand you another
>>
>>8927147
>A perfect all knowing and good god exists
>niggers exist

Really makes you think
>>
>>8927161
>A perfect all knowing and good god exists
>Somehow he cares about a tiny speck of a tiny speck of the universe and sent his avatar to die for this speck even though said avatar only preached about said god on a tiny strip of land for a few years and it took a conman to make it really work.
>>
>>8927066
what type of god is he speaking off?
islamic version of god?
Christian version of god?
east Asian version of god?
old pagan version of god?

god could damn exist and no religion in here is right about the interpretation of him

is god even sentient can he feel?
>>
>>8927110
You must have an IQ above 80 to post here.
>>
>>8927171
Humanity is a significant part of God's creation, not a tiny speck. There is nothing out else out there, sorry to disappoint you. Endless stars and planets are nothing compared to the miracle of life.
>>
>>8927178

Sadly this isn't true. Prooftext: You post here.
>>
>>8927194
My IQ is actually 169, just ask your mother.
>>
One pretty good scientist claiming he knows what's at "the bottom of the glass" of science. He can suck my ass
>>
>>8927066
>"The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." - Werner Heisenberg

i have really struggled with whether and how to respond to this. The execution of this message was very nice and respectful, and I genuinely appreciate that. The premise, however, is problematic. Maybe not inherently, but within the context of the sexist society we live in. Men are allowed, and often feel compelled, to think out loud at women, to share unsolicited not necessarily informed thoughts at women. (And usually these men, unlike you, don’t even seem to recognize that their thoughts may not be useful.) Women on the other hand aren’t allowed to be as open. So, if you want to not just be respectful, but actually be anti-oppression, it is better (IMO) not to respond to a woman’s work with the types of thoughts that other men pawn off as insights, if you know what i mean. again, i appreciate your honesty, but i feel obligated to point these things out.
>>
>>8927066
Fake quote.
>>
>>8927147
>you drink the glass God hands you
>it tastes funny and you start to feel weak
>you wake up the next morning and your ass hurts
>you realize that rapist probably wasn't God
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.