[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The cool astrophysicist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1666.jpg (125KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1666.jpg
125KB, 1240x775px
Did this guy single handily make science cool again? I remember when I was in high school back in Queen, NY I had to hide the fact that I loved science from my friends because I didn't want them to think that I was a beta nerd.

Now I feel like science and STEM related subjects are more acceptable in mainstream circles because of him. I wish I never failed under peer pressure and trying to fit in with the "cool" " crowd back in high school and college by being a "jock" and following my love and passion for astronomy.
>>
>>8925384
this black man is a pseudoscientist and has not contributed a single nontrivial thing to science in decades.
He only shills easily-manipulated people to line his own pockets
If you listen to any of his talks, he has like 3 hours of memorized material and just regurgitates it over and over in every lecture
>>
>>8925472
>Can you objectively backup your idiotic statements with hard evidence?

Until you do I'm sorry sir but I cannot agree with you.
>>
>>8925472
Fuck you, bitch!
>>
File: 1494327816459.jpg (40KB, 345x396px) Image search: [Google]
1494327816459.jpg
40KB, 345x396px
>>8925472
>science educators are bad
>>
File: 1486312856724.png (195KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1486312856724.png
195KB, 329x399px
>>8925472
he has several important points he would like people to process in their heads, yes
>>
>>8925384
He is not Sagan, but he take him over Kaku or Nye any day.
>>
>>8926786
Cuck*
>>
>>8925506
Subscribe to his twitter feed for a couple of weeks and get all the evidence you need.
>>
>>8925384
>Did this guy single handily make science cool again?

i have really struggled with whether and how to respond to this. The execution of this message was very nice and respectful, and I genuinely appreciate that. The premise, however, is problematic. Maybe not inherently, but within the context of the sexist society we live in. Men are allowed, and often feel compelled, to think out loud at women, to share unsolicited not necessarily informed thoughts at women. (And usually these men, unlike you, don’t even seem to recognize that their thoughts may not be useful.) Women on the other hand aren’t allowed to be as open. So, if you want to not just be respectful, but actually be anti-oppression, it is better (IMO) not to respond to a woman’s work with the types of thoughts that other men pawn off as insights, if you know what i mean. again, i appreciate your honesty, but i feel obligated to point these things out.
>>
File: 1495381910252.jpg (41KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1495381910252.jpg
41KB, 641x530px
His popularity is a testament to the lefts soft bigotry of low expectations. liberals like him because he's a black nerdy sciency guy and they think it's ironic that he's not some thug degenerate nignog.
>>
>>8925384
>make science cool again?
no, science has always been interesting and "cool"

He's a people person, so the spread of pop science has been easier. The spread of science and it being perceived as "cool" or profitable (musk) is how to get people into it.

Imagine the idiots you faggots worship trying to explain scientific concepts to people
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.