[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the GOAT engineering field?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: goat_weapons.jpg (97KB, 468x414px) Image search: [Google]
goat_weapons.jpg
97KB, 468x414px
What is the GOAT engineering field?
>>
File: mysoul.png (160KB, 467x276px) Image search: [Google]
mysoul.png
160KB, 467x276px
>>8923284

>social engineering
>>
File: carrottop.jpg (31KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
carrottop.jpg
31KB, 375x281px
>>8923284
LEGO...
>>
>>8923284

cotton picking
>>
EE
>>
>>8923362
>muh laplace
>muh fourier
>muh truth tables
It is probably one of the easiest degrees out ther
>>
>>8923284
Whatever engineering field made that brutal killing machine in the OP would probably be it.
>>
>>8923284
Chemical engineering
>>
Materials Engineering
>>
Designing pens.
>>
>>8923453
*penis
typo
>>
Is Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering better?
>>
>>8923447
/thread
>>
Nuclear>every other engr>physics>maths
>>
>>8923469
Having girls in your major is better than both of them.
>>
>>8923284
Industrial Engineering

>go yellow jackets
>>
>>8923284
If you are talking about degrees, then ChemE, EE, MechE and Civil are the best. This is pretty much already settled. Now if are asking about fields of study, then it's control theory.
>>
>>8923890
t. sociology grad working in HR

>>8924136
>If you are talking about degrees, then ChemE, EE, MechE and Civil are the best.
this

>then it's control theory.
it's matter taste really but control engineering is one of the best imo
>>
Genetic engineering
>>
>>8924159
>>8923891
>>8923763
meme fields
>>
>>8923469
I would choose EE desu. It has a much broader range of jobs to enter and covers many more topics than computer engineering
>>
>>8924164
>genetic engineering
>meme field

What do you mean by this anon?
>>
>>8924399
niche fields that seem glamorous/sexy/interesting but are an absolute bitch in terms of competitiveness, mobility, and other opportunities.

nuclear has the lowest job satisfaction of any engineering field.
>>
>>8924409
Oh. Yeah, I get what you mean there. I'm just a biofag incredibly interested in gene engineering, and genomics in general, so doing endless repetitive PCR tests, and endless CRISPR trials is kind of satisfying to me.

It is saturated with fags who don't give a damn about the science and think it sounds cool, to the point they complain all the time about how repetitive and boring it is. They can fuck right off.
>>
File: gyroscope.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gyroscope.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>8923284
Mechanical
>t.Mechanical
>>
>>8924409
>nuclear has the lowest job satisfaction of any engineering field
I wonder if that is b/c of high government regulation and involvement that results in an industry with lots of bureaucracy
t. anon with a relative high up in the DOE that absolutely hates government b/c they've worked in it for so long
>>
>>8923284
ChemE
>>
>>8923284
>What is the GOAT engineering field?

High energy physics.
>>
>>8923284

CFD
>>
you gotta combine civil, engineering physics, and chemical engineering to be well-rounded
>>
>>8925366
yehhhh uh that doesn't make any fucking sense
>>
>>8925380
why? you can't devise energy systems without knowing combustion, you can't know combustion without chem, you need to be able to ship resources
>>
>>8925366
the other side of this is biological engineering
both god tier
both necessary
>>
File: 1482517586620.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482517586620.gif
2MB, 400x300px
financial engineering
>>
>>8923284
Aero

>>8923379
Control systems is just one part of EEE. Transistors require QM etc and can be quite difficult.

>>8923763
Nuclear is a dying industry
>>
>>8923284
OUTLAW ASSAULT GOATS!
>>
EE
>>
>>8925905
>more nuclear engineers than ever
>one of the lowest unemployed rates of any major and some of the highest pay of any major.
>World wide funding back on the rise thanks to Chinks
>"hurr durr nuke is ded maymay"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8926802
>believing China will pay Westinghouse or Toshiba to construct their reactors instead of stealing plans and building their chink versions
>implying this won't lead to 5 fresh Chernobyls on account of Chinese QA and kill nuclear once and for all
I want nuclear energy to win, but it just ain't happening.
>>
Undergrad: chem eng for sure.
>>
Electrical engineering

All my aero friends switched to mechanical engineering cause they couldn't handle the electronics.
>>
The ONLY acceptable answer is Materials Engineering.
Really it should all just be physics and applied mathematics. I feel most engineers strive solely for application and pay little attention to definitions and derivations. Materials Engineering is like quantum physics and chemistry had a huge orgy and I love it
>>
>>8927280
god i wish my uni had a materials science or engineering major
>>
File: cover.jpg (115KB, 1206x680px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
115KB, 1206x680px
Nuclear, because you get your hands into everything.
It's basically physics + job prospects - the need for postgraduate studies.
>>
The only engineering that matters is mechanical engineering.
The only science that matters is mechanical engineering.
The only thing that matters is mechanical engineering.
>>
>>8923284
Data engineering
>>
>>8928163
>job prospects
lmao, enjoy your suicide once you realize all the engineers out-compete you in industry and mathematicians out-compete you in academia.
>>
>>8923362
This
>>
>>8927881
>tfw my school is number 1 in ceramic engineering and high up there in materials
>I chose Mechanical engineering instead
Maybe I made a mistake
>>
>>8928422
>>8927881
It's never too late to switch schools or majors anons. You won't believe the fun and return on investment a Materials Science/Engineering degree has to offer. Plus, MSE is quite a flexible degree despite how seemingly specific it can be.
>>
>>8928301
I'm currently employed as a physicst, so I'm not worried about losing out on a job atm.
Will probably be going back to school in the next couple years for a masters in nuke, physics, or medical physics.
>>
>>8927250
Really? In my school mechE is more electrics focused than aero.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.