[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we can make happy pills to relieve depression, can we also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download (5).jpg (6KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
6KB, 284x177px
If we can make happy pills to relieve depression, can we also make depression pills to induce it?
Where is the pill that will show me true despair?
If I give a guy depression pills and he hangs himself, did I kill him?
>>
>>8917209
There are plenty of neurotoxic substances you brainless amoeba.
>>
>>8917209
>Pill that will show me true despair
You can always try Datura, and i've heard that malaria pills cause extreme nightmares.

>Depression pills
I'm no psychopharmacologist, but I imagine some such thing does exist. Deprive someone of serotonin and dopamine, they wont be doing too well.

>Did I kill him
No, but that doesn't make you any less of a dickhead.
>>
>>8917209

Ever heard of heroin?
>>
Take a bunch of cocaine. When it wears off you will feel depression.
>>
File: 300px-MPP+.svg.png (4KB, 300x83px) Image search: [Google]
300px-MPP+.svg.png
4KB, 300x83px
Where is the pill that will show me true despair?

here we go, i was just reading about this yesterday. super spooky stuff. instant parkinsons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPTP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPP%2B

Basically, you injest MPTP, your body metabolizes it to MPP(pic related) and a few days later you have severe Parkinsons for life.

It selectively destroys specific dopamine neurons, neurons that are extremely important in movement, reward, and motivation, and it has NO psychoactive effect. So you dont even feel it blowing your dopamine neurons up till you're already at advanced parkinsons.

Interestingly enough if you are quick enough to administer a MAOI inhibitor you can completely negate the effects of this neurotoxin.
>>
>>8917268
Jesus.
>>
>>8917268
So our most effective parkinson's treatments are because some dumb nigga with a lab was trying to get high and accidentally poisoned himself?
>In one test of the substance, two of six human subjects died.
How the fuck.
>>
>It exists
>It's in everything you eat
>>
>>8917209
>can we also make depression pills to induce it?

We sure can! They're called "anti-depressants" and in a bizarrely large number of cases they make depression worse.
>>
Lots of drugs. Take any drug out of your medicine drawer and check the side effects.
>birth control
>beta blockers
>opiods
>>
There are probably drugs used in animal studies to induce depression.

I have no source for this but it seems likely.
>>
>>8917718
i dont think so. reading
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_of_depression
makes it sound like it's a large combination of things

i think the most drug related "depression" you can get is dysphoria.
real assumed depression is probably dysphoria connected to some schema

whereas anxiety can be created with drugs, depression is only exacerbated by them or the comedown
>>
>>8917209

Just give somebody excessive doses of choline supplements. It doesn't even need to be close to toxic. 1g-2g of alpha-GPC daily for two weeks will sink anybody into an acetylcholine-related depression.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.