[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he so underappreciated by the general population? Even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: James_clerk_maxwell4.jpg (24KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
James_clerk_maxwell4.jpg
24KB, 300x404px
Why is he so underappreciated by the general population?
Even if I google the name 'Maxwell', i get only some stupid rapper as result.
>>
>>8913891

Because the story of the apple falling on Newton plays better than Maxwell getting shocked by static electricity when he reached for a door handle.
>>
>>8913891
not a jew so he is ignored by the (((approved))) narrative.
read more about einstein instead
>>
>>8913919
Newton was also not a jew and everybody knows him.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8913891
His discoveries are not easy for brainlets to grasp. Normies remember Newton as that guy who discovered that things fall, and Einstein as that guy who made E=MC^2 (which is like, the smartypants equation, if you know it you look smart xP)on a blackboard, was also really smart and had crazy hair. Maxvell did some arcane sciency stuff they don't understand and looked like any old professor dude so whatever.
>>
>>8913928
I think most people today know about RGB and that light is an electromagnetic wave
Its far more inuitive than the theory of relativity, at least
>>
>>8913923
Newton was well-known before Jews held complete hegemony. It's harder to cover up people who have been in the popular consciousness for centuries. Why do you think they haven't gotten rid of Aristotle yet?
>>
>>8913923
newton is the guy who has been superseded by the real genius scientist (((einstein))).
thanks for proving my point shlomo
>>
>>8913935
What about Darwin?
Or Stephen Hawkings?
>>
>>8913931
>most people know
I see you don't get out much. The average normie's brain shuts down the second yo mention anything vaguely physical or mathematical.
>>
>>8913948
I mostly interact with fellow students from my university, and while they are certanly aware of electromagnetic waves, i believe most of them never heard of Maxwell
>>
>>8913919
Probably has at least a little bit to do with this.
>>
>>8913961
so you think if a non-jew would have discovered the theory of relativity all by himself people would be like "eh, whatever"?
>>
>>8913989
Didn't say anything of the sort. Do you think if a jew had discovered electromagnetic waves people would be like "eh, whatever"? Think again.
>>
>>8914019
Do you think if a jew had discovered a vaccaine to polio people would be like "eh, whatever"?
Do you think if a jew had discovered the solution to one of the most important open questions in topology, people would be like "eh, whatever?"
>>
Jesus christ, /pol/ fags have infected every fucking thread on /sci/
>>
>>8914029
Actually a Jew, Salk, discovered the first vaccine for Polio and another one, Sabin, discovered another one which is easier to use (you don't need an injection) so it's the most common worldwide.
>>
>>8913953
>fellow students at university
Not a good measure of the general population. Imagine being as retarded as the average student, except even dumber.
>>
>>8914136
it is a well known fact that the average person is as smart as a the average student. maybe you only hang out with doofus but they don't represent the average person. the average guy is actually quite clever.
>>
>>8914189
Are you absolutely sure?
>>
>>8914040
t. Nigger
>>
>>8913912
Ben Franklin's kite is a popular image. I guess some scientists just have better PR.
>>
>>8913891

Maxwell was not a very philanthropic guy and his equations are pretty popular in science. I think they're just too complicated for general populace.
>>
>>8914441
covering up for jewish trickery again shlomo, i see
>>
>>8914132
I think that was his point. The topology problem solution is from a jew too (Perelman).
>>
File: foreskinhitsquad.jpg (93KB, 900x674px) Image search: [Google]
foreskinhitsquad.jpg
93KB, 900x674px
>>8914029
>>8914132
BTFO. So much for muh IQ, white boy.
>>
>>8914445

Throwing a hissy fit over that pol thread again or what?
>>
>>8913891
>Why is he so underappreciated by the general population?
THIS

Why nobody remembers his elegant solution to the problem of what are the Saturn Rings?
"Let's assume they are a solid ring. The equations say this is unstable. Ok, let's assume they are solid but not exactly a ring but something more general. The equations say this only can be stabilized with a moon heavier than the rings. Ok, let's assume they are a fluid Equations say the fluid cannot retain this shape. Ok, then the only option is to be separated pieces."
>>
>>8914223
what the average person may lack in iq compared to students they make up for in being informed and experience.
remember most students waste their free time watching trash tv programs and very dumb sitcoms like big bang theory whereas average people keep informed with the news and what's going on in the world and are well read
>>
>>8913943
Lol!
Darwin is being renounced all across the world for being a white supremacist
>hawking
Mostly pity and he appeals to some leftist biases
>>
>>8914040
Ignore them. They'll go away. They'll throw a tantrum but after a while they'll feel bad about their stupidity and go back to their safe space.
>>
>>8913919
Big part of it
>>
>>8913891
Because unlike F = m*a or E = m*c^2, Maxwell's equations require more math knowledge than understanding what implicit multiplication is.
>>
>>8913928
>old professor dude
>died at 48
>>
>>8913989
>so you think if a non-jew would have discovered the theory of relativity all by himself people would be like "eh, whatever"?
Are you under the impression that Einstein "discovered the theory of relativity all by himself"?

It was essentially already there before his paper. He basically just wrapped it up nicely, put a bow on it, and published without citations. He no more invented relativity alone than he invented QM alone.

If Einstein had never lived, science would have run its same course without him. He lived in an era of physicists rushing to be the first to pick low-hanging fruit.
>>
>>8913891
Reminder: it was actually Heaviside who gave us "Maxwell's equations" as we know them today, organizing an unmanageable twenty equations into an elegant four, using vector calculus.

Heaviside is that rare example of a monstrous genius whose achievements could not possibly be rooted in stealing credit, because he was self-taught and worked in isolation, rather than being a social academic who listened to others' unpublished ideas, got advice from friends and mentors, and occupied a position of academic power.
>>
>>8913943
they are honorary jews, they are doing their bidding by denying Christ
>>
>>8917844
i was having the same conversation in another thread probably with the same pop-sci einsteinfag who thinks he discovered all of physics by himself
>>
>>8914588
>average people keep informed with the news and what's going on in the world and are well read
You don't socialize much do you?
>>
>>8917844
Either you don't understand special relativity or you don't understand what was known about it before Einstein's paper.
>>
>>8918758
wow compelling argument
>>
its pretty cool how I see his work reflected in so many different classes
Calculus
Electromagnetism
Continuum Mechanics

the man did it all
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.