[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when superbugs make handwash and soap ineffective?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: jpg.jpg (52KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
52KB, 700x700px
What happens when superbugs make handwash and soap ineffective?
>>
we crisper super bug genes into ourselves
>>
>>8913481
How is crispr coming along. I haven't read about it in a while
>>
>>8913477
antibacterial soap isn't more effective than normal soap
and it creates resistant shit for no reason
>>
>>8913488
idk i haven't been keeping up with the bio community. been focusing on math
>>
>>8913477
We won't care because the Triclosan will fuck up your hormones way before that happens - at least for our generation.

Man I fucking hate society and large corporations.
>>
>>8913576
What exactly could it fuck up in humans?
>>
>>8913595
http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-pharmtox-010715-103417?journalCode=pharmtox

The stuff turns up in breast milk.
Has anti-Andro/Estrogenic properties depending on which tissue it contacts.
>>
>>8913477
"Antibacterial" soap is a marketing term for antiseptic. That's not the same thing as antibiotic. Antiseptics are things like bleach and rubbing alcohol. Bacteria evolving a resistance to antiseptics is like humans evolving a resistance to being on fire. The best they can manage is being able to tolerate low concentrations. Anything more than that isn't really biologically possible.
>>
>>8913745
This is wrong.

Antibacterial soaps contain compounds like triclosan which microbes can develop resistance to.

This is part of the reason the FDA banned them in America.
>>
>>8913609
>Anti-andro

Will washing my scalp with triclosan soap reverse baldness?
>>
>>8913745
This is what happens when someone reads one wiki page and thinks they understand a subject. The chemicals used in antibacterial soaps were triclosan/tricloban/chloroxynol/others. These are not even close to hydogen peroxode or benzalkondium chloride.
>>
>>8913493
They've supposedly gotten lab-successful cures for type 1 diabetes and hiv using Crispr this year.
>>
>>8913477
Just use h2o2. Can't have biological resistance to shit that chemically pulls all your biology apart.
>>
>>8915026
this. Bacterial building resistance to h2o2 is like saying japs will build a resistance to nukes if we nuke them some more. Or better yet lets just not use sanitizers at all outside of doctors and just let our immune system strengthen.
>>
Regular soap and water dissolve the grease on your hands and rinse off most of the bacteria. Antibacterial soap (more harsh to your hands) makes your hands dry and facilitate the formation of cracks on your skin. Later bacteria get into these cracks and cause infection.
Wash your hands less, and with soap that does not dry your skin.
>>
They already are ineffective. They just weaken your immune system.

The people I know who are sick all the time are the same people who use this shit.
>>
>>8913477
Antibacterial gel doesn't make superbugs. Uncontrolled antibiotic therapy does.

Antibacterial gel only serves to weaken your immune system if overused enough that your body doesn't get exposed to necessary bacteria. It's theorized that your body actually ends up fighting itself to compensate, this would explain a resent trend to increased allergic diseases in children.

Its conservative use as a replacement for washing your hand is great, though. As long as you're not carrying a bottle around and rubbing every time you touch a door knob you'll be fine.
>>
>>8913477
Wash with soap, slather on some yogurt, rinse yogurt off, done.
>>
>>8913492
The ironic thing is that even though it creates resistant strains to that particular anti-bacterial, the soap in it is still effective as normal soap. Thus, it really isn't a problem.
>>
>>8913576
>Triclosan

I'm really glad I'm a farmer and farm almost all my food. I'm hoping I can farm more and more of my own food until in a couple years or so I'm only eating food I grew or raised myself.
>>
>>8915023
>saving sluts, fags, and fatties before people with cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc
I fucking love science!!
>>
>>8915023
Using CRSPR to cure disease should be illegal. Then again all healthcare should be illegal.
>>
>>8915602

Those last three things mostly kill off old people (boomers) so lets keep them around until that entire generation is dead
>>
>>8915663
social darwinists should be hanged
>>
>Thread full of people complaining about welfare on the science board.
/pol/ really needs to fuck off.
>>
>>8916354
fuck you nigger leech
>>
>>8916356
fuck off to /pol/ you triggered bastard
>>
>>8915602
Fat people get type 2 not 1 diabetes
>>
>>8916443
Don't feed them, just report, hide and move on with your life.
>>
>>8913745
Jokes on you, I've been gradually building a resistance to fire for the past 15 years. Every Tuesday at 3:12pm I poor kerosene on my balls and light it. Every time I do it I introduce more kerosene and let it burn longer every time. I will be moving on to the rest of my body soon
>>
Isn't the main ingredient in antibacterial gels simply alcohol anyways? Not actual antibiotics, just alcohol.

Soaps aren't the issue. It's over-prescribing of antibiotics by doctors.
>>
>>8916348
You first.
>>
>>8915012
No but they'll give you loli-tier tiddies

>tfw no bald loli bf
>>
>>8913477
All the squirmy germophobes die while my disgusting self lives on to have 12 kids.
>>
>>8917075
Except you won't - because those germophobes will breed super bugs that will kill you and your children.
>>
>>8916694
Did you read the thread?

Clearly not

Did you do a 5 second google search?

lmao I don't think so.

Fuck off. Then kill yourself you waste of skin.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.