[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Designer Babies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I made a thread on 4chan, but I want to ask about /Sci/'s opinion.

So, Sci, are Designer Babies good or bad?
What are some pros and cons?
Where might this go?
>>
>>8910015
>I made a thread on 4chan

I meant /pol/
>>
>>8910015
Incredibly good for the individual, neutral-ish for the family unit, good for business / corporations, horrible for political stability and societal progress.

When the uber-rich are literally superior to the poor in every way: attractiveness, intelligence, drive, athletic ability, etc then the poor will turn to violence that much more in a desperate attempt to remain relevant and impact society. To gain any kind of control or power of their own.
>>
>>8910015
define good
define bad
define designer babies
define its implementation, if there are state regulations
define the society, its collective attitude
define international relations, political pressure

this argument can't be made in a vacuum
>>
>>8910015
They are bad, because current genetic editing techniques have too high of an error rate.

Once this is fixed they are good
>>
>>8910034
answer the question stating your own definitions or be forever irrelevant scientist-slave
>>
>>8910015
How would we know an exact answer to something that hasn't happened yet? This phenomena is new. A presume "Designer Babies" will have many results.

People will trick out their babies. Pink Hair, glow in the dark skin, all sorts of poor fag brainlet behavior. Think of ever ricer and stupid hill billy that mods their truck and now give them the power to create the image of a human being. Look at every WWF CREATE A WRESTLER video on youtube. This is one inevitable future.

If we have a future where AI's roam among man, would it be possible to have an AI design a human and have it grown in an artificial womb? Will it have rights? Will the AI be able to splice in some biological matter it cultivated to ensure a bond between the AI and the baby so that it can claim paternal connection with the baby? Will it be able to flat out grow a baby and enslave it?

This is why BACON redditors are so stupid. They don't see that ANIMAL RIGHTS and compassion for life is quantifying consequence, something that is going to be very real sooner than you like. Otherwise, under the monopolistic capitalist structure, the idea of life will be classified as a tool. Do you care if your hammer has feelings? Is it ok to use your hammer because it doesn't have feelings? Is it ok to use an AI hybrid human as a construction working slave because it's feelings where removed?

Don't you see, LOVE is the higher level abstraction. AI,human slaves, this is all space nigger tier garbage. Compassion is an alien concept for brainlets because HURR BACON HURR I DONT GIVE A SHIT.

Consider moving to Africa and working in a cassiterite mine you reddit.com/r/pol scum.
>>
>>8910019
You were right OP; no need to change what you said.
4chan and /pol/ have become equivalent terms.
>>
>>8910248
Sorry my english is bad

>superior chinese
>>
>>8910019
>>8910249
This is as sad as it is hilarious.
>>
File: really.gif (725KB, 229x264px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
725KB, 229x264px
>>8910248
>>8910251
> Claims to be Chinese
> Doesn't know English
> Still uses the term nigger
Right.
>>
>>8910032
then we will put them down like the dogs they are and finally pursue are destiny among the stars
>>
>>8910015
In a perfect world they wouldn't be a problem. Either everyone gets designer babies or only the rich can afford them but the designer babies don't do anything unethical using their superior qualities.
>>
>>8910015
Already been explored in the "Andromeda" series.
The genetically superior totally beats down the kludge, makes them live in abject poverty and subjugation. Kludge always on edge of extinction.
>>
>>8910392
>but the designer babies don't do anything unethical using their superior qualities.
Try enforcing that one...
Especially when they're the rich and powerful.
>>
>>8910392
who will define ethics after a couple of generations
>>
>>8910407
I mean they continue to respect human rights. No favoritism or whatever. Consider that right now even the best of the best in society can't exactly fuck society up without breaking laws and shit.
>>
>>8910419
>they continue to respect human rights
says who?
>>
>>8910422
The human rights charter thing. As long as it doesn't change.

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.