[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about geniuses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0664.jpg (36KB, 446x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0664.jpg
36KB, 446x600px
I find it fascinating how geniuses are able to just "get it" after minimal studying and using intuition alone.

How are they able to do this without prior experience? How are their brains able to just "know" the correct answer with such minimal effort?

I remember during my programming classes this guy with 0 prior programming experience, practically became a programming wizard by reading the notes just ONCE and NEVER consulted help on forums, stackexchange or whatever. Whereas everyone else struggled and barely "got it" several months later. (I of course failed the class and took a philosophy credit instead, but this thread is about geniuses not me...)
>>
complimentary knowledge
>>
>>8908631
You know how you can apply the same skillset you use to wipe your ass for cleaning all kinds of confined spaces? Your brain comes with the ability to notice and match patterns, and quickly realizes that some narrow gap between floorboards is not that dissimilar to an ass crack. Which lets it carry over a lot of the connections for this new task.

Geniuses are the same, just a lot better, and can do this pattern-matching and extension to problems involving a lot more variables and requiring much more working memory.
>>
>>8908631
you know they spend most of their life just thinking about things. And when you think, you basically think most about problem solving and logic, and when you get better at it. Things that are have anything to do with problem solving and logic just click it just clicks.
>>
>>8908631
It is very likely the guy was pretending to have no prior experience
>>
>>8908667
kek
>>
File: Kobokumeigekizu.jpg (22KB, 254x594px) Image search: [Google]
Kobokumeigekizu.jpg
22KB, 254x594px
To understand intuition you must understand the psychic force within.
To understand the psychic force, you must know the God.
To know God is simply to make each place or person you come across a little more hopeful ("in earth as it is in heaven."), a little more helpful.
Karma will bring you not this talent you seek, but the opening of the way, the understanding of what disciplines you are good at.

It's not as simple Musashi once put it, but he does illustrate that by doing one thing, you gain insight into domains unrelated.
>"In his later years, Musashi said in his The Book of Five Rings: "When I apply the principle of strategy to the ways of different arts and crafts, I no longer have need for a teacher in any domain." He proved this by creating recognized masterpieces of calligraphy and classic ink painting. His paintings are characterized by skilled use of ink washes and an economy of brush stroke. He especially mastered the "broken ink" school of landscapes, applying it to other subjects, such as his Kobokumeikakuzu."
>>
>>8908671
The real deal does not need to pretend. I have met one. She learned anything in an afternoon. She learned a new language sufficient to work full time, needing just a couple of months. Calligraphy? No probs. Theoretical AND experimental physics? Of course, and was asked to become an editor while a student. Etc.

I have no idea how these people do it but please let me know once you find out. Please!!
>>
>>8908631
A good linguistic development is key to mathematical ability.
>>
>>8908712
They don't "do" it, they're born that way. Just like you're probably a lot quicker than the average normie, they're a lot quicker than you. /sci/ is full of people slightly above average intelligence, which is the group that gets most butthurt about inherent intelligence - they want to pretend the reason they're doing better than the average retail worker is due to effort and work ethic, while at the same time maintaining the illusion that they can some day reach greatness in their field.

Intelligence is to a large extent intrinsic, like it or not.
>>
>>8908631
How is it modern computers are able to create such amazing graphic representations of the female pussy? Old computers from the late 60's could not produce such lifelike pussy renditions.
>>
>>8908631

Family A has been literate for the last 100 generations.
Family B has been literate every fourth generation for the past 20 generations.

Family A has child A.
Family B has child B.

Which child do you predict will look more talented at reading and writing?
>>
>>8908727
Talent, yes. Intelligence, no. Intelligence is knowing the ins-and-outs of what traits you're talented in and not so, and when to apply those traits. And there will always be room in the human mind to accrue more self-awareness.
>>
>>8908631
Funny you say that with a picture of Einstein, who literally said that you have to bust your ass to get things done.
You are too gullible. I would at least suspect of someone who claims to have no prior experience with something and suddenly becomes a master of it. That guy might even actually not have any prior experience with programming, but he could be lying about having never asked for help and reading notes only once. For all you know, he could have autistically studied programming in his spare time, reading and practicing things in advance to get things right when they were taught in class.

>>8908712
>what is adderall
>what is ritalin
People use that to learn huge amounts of knowledge in a short period of time, you know?
Like I said early in this post, don't simply trust people who seem to get things unbelievebly quickly. They are either blatantly lying about making little effort, taking amphetamines and/or other brain stimulants or are turbo autists about the topic they master. Geniuses like that are one in a billion, perhaps even rarer. If you ever happen to find them, they will likely have already used their smarts to get what they wanted. They won't be another student, but a very young tenured professor or something else of prestige.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.