[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Major TL;DR's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: WqcTn4V.png (20KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
WqcTn4V.png
20KB, 842x595px
All engineering majors
>learn all of this incredibly specific technical knowledge that will be outdated by the time you graduate and be forced to work in the middle of nowhere for $60,000 per year inspecting various insignificant parts on a line and babysit tradesman
>>
>>8908452
Religion should be dead last
>>
How is it possible that some majors have IQ 2 standard deviations above average? It is statistically impossible unless you are somehow specifically selecting people with higher IQ to study certain subjects.
>>
>>8908587
the iq in these studies/charts is just an estimation based on SAT scores
>>
>>8908587
It's possible because for those majors anyone with an IQ of 120 has to work 80 hours a week just to keep up with the 145 IQ guys. Anything less than 120 and it's just impossible.
But even so, without an IQ over 145 you're pretty much high school teacher tier,

Social courses don't require IQ that much, just basic reasoning skills will suffice. They rely more on Social skills.
>>
>>8908598
SAT and IQ have at least 0.53 correlation, you can't explain away 2 s.d. difference this way.
>>
>>8908617
>Anything less than 120 and it's just impossible.
Why?
>>
>>8908618
>smart people more interested in science/engr
>smart people more likely to be accepted into those programs, which typically have more stringent admission requirements than liberal arts programs
>>
>>8908619
I've got an IQ of around 110. The Analysis courses I had to take was like getting rapid in the ass by a strap on dragon dildo. So I switched to CS, still hard but simpler.

You simply lack the mathematical insight. No amount of studying will improve that once you've hit your genetic maximum.
>>
>>8908617
Exactly which work position is the physicist doing?

In my line of work, we keep physicists employed for things that can't be tested either because testing would be too expensive, it would take too much time, or because testing would require a significant health or safety risk. A half-decent engineer can do the necessary modelling & calculations for a non-testable system, but in general, a physicist can do it faster (and for lower pay, to boot). The physicist isn't "keeping up" with anyone except the engineers who know enough about the craft of physics but just don't specialize in it.
>>
>>8908452
Medicine?
>>
>>8908636
The chart doesn't go below 100
>>
File: 1474013034703.jpg (29KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1474013034703.jpg
29KB, 600x456px
>>8908640
>>
>>8908630
Being "smart" has nothing to do with IQ though.
>>
>>8908452
>learn all of this incredibly specific technical knowledge that will be outdated
I don't think you've familiarized yourself with the curriculum. Yes, there are some shaky ass courses universities pad the program with, but for the most part it's just learning all kinds of specific things from all the sciences regarding whatever it is you're gonna be doing.

There is a difference between learning to work on a specific program and learning how various materials respond to various loads and environments. The latter is not going to be "outdated by the time you graduate".
>>
>>8908452
I seriously doubt the average IQ in physics is THAT high. My IQ is probably around 140 and I had an easy time in physics. I changed over from electrical engineering and was doing fine in graduate level courses by 2nd year undergrad. It's probably more like an average of 120.
>>
>>8908702
Probably made by someone that worships black holes.
>>
>>8908570
edgy post bro
>>
Post salaries. IQ is irrelevant to me
>>
>>8908644
t. brainlet
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.