[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfiest field

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Why aren't you pursuing Remote Sensing yet, anon?
>>
>>8905451
I actually am
>>
>>8905451
so uhh.... you know that remote sensing is in a rather precarious state now funding wise right?
>>
>>8905451
http://spectrum.ieee.org/energy/environment/twilight-for-the-golden-age-of-earth-observation
>>
>>8905451
I've been working with someone at Stanford for the last few years on this very subject. It's very difficult explaining the mechanism for this and is on the backburner for now
>>
>>8905451
Because I prefer remote viewing
>>
>>8905451
Does gathering materials for a radio telescope array count?
>>
File: dove_nest_2.jpg (208KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
dove_nest_2.jpg
208KB, 1000x600px
>>8907279
>>8907283
While that sucks for some areas of research, private industry is largely picking up the ball that's being dropped by the US govt. There are all sorts of companies packing every nook and cranny of every rocket launch with microsats. Pic related.

To say the "golden age" of EO is over is dubious at best, given that the private industry finally (within just the last couple years) actually has the chance to take over the helm, and is subsequently sending up more remote sensing satellites than have ever been launched before. And that's not even to mention the fact that we now have drones as another primary data source.

That article reads like it was written by an assblasted NASAbro who was hyped about dicking around with IceSat-2 data desu.

>>8907313
Difficult explaining the mechanism for what, exactly?

I'll also add that this field is desperately in need of talented physicists. Vegetative remote sensing for example is just absurd in both its abundance of data and its lack of algorithms to derive actual useful information from said data. Everyone is dicking around calculating NDVI like it's the 1980s and frankly, it's embarassing.
>>
>>8907394
Remote Sensing as a whole refers to the terrestrial variety, so nope. But Physics and Astronomy is a bro-tier field and we are glad to have you dudes on our side.
>>
File: image.png (256KB, 507x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
256KB, 507x348px
>>8905451
Wildlife biology is the comfiest field
>everything you study to disappears before you can finish
>cloud of existential danger hovering over everything you love
>powerful social institutions do their best to keep your work from interacting with society
Feels good man
>>
>>8908413
What if I build it on the moon to look at the Earth? In fact, I might be able to get a grant writer to write a grant to do that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.