[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer math/science curriculum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

Hello /sci/ what are some important and engaging math topics an incoming sophomore in Computer Science/Computer Engineering can learn in the summer
>>
File: cucks.png (409KB, 490x684px) Image search: [Google]
cucks.png
409KB, 490x684px
>>8902464
>Computer Science

Math for brainlets, remedial precalculus, easy math with ducks...

>Computer Engineering

Matrix algebra, complex variables, Fourier transforms, proofs with basic set theory and logic, combinatorics, modern geometry, numerical methods...
>>
>>8902464
study french for summer and read Cassinis for life
>>
>>8904524
Rumor has it Cédric Villani knows them by heart
>>
File: 1494462943173.png (97KB, 323x251px) Image search: [Google]
1494462943173.png
97KB, 323x251px
>>8902479
Most Top 5 CSE schools require a fuck ton of
maths and physics. Kinda triggered me on /sci/
until I realized that some shit schools actually just teach
you to code, and thats it. wtf

>t. Bergley :D student
>>
>>8904584
teach me the mysteries of berkeley o learned one

>t. DVC student
>>
>>8904588
I stopped caring about GPA once I had an internship last year, so a lot less stress and
a lot more learning for the sake of learning.

Honestly, it feels like they are trying to cram
every concept ever related to computers ever
into your head. I get I paid for the higher educaiton
but jesus christ there are some courses that
push the boundaries of my own abilities
>>
File: 1374796030634.png (117KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1374796030634.png
117KB, 444x440px
>>8904596
So the horror stories about professors like sahai are true?
>>
>>8904584

Sorry but just because you and all your brainlet classmates struggled with discrete math doesn't make it difficult.
>>
>>8902479
Honestly, I thought this was a meme until I took a discrete math course given by my uni's math department for CS students. I'm a BA student myself, and while I was able to get around a 95% in the course, the average was closer to 75%. Are CS students really this retarded? I don't even have math classes in my curriculum and was able to do better than them, and I didn't even have the prerequisite math for the class.
>>
>>8904584
>tfw my uni only makes CS majors take up to calc 2
Then again the teacher trying to explain unit testing to us couldn't even use his own fucking framework, and the next semester he returned to 1990's style "just write all the tests in one gigantic file!"
>>
>>8904692
The ones who graduate usually aren't that stupid (USUALLY, there are plenty of code monkeys). Most people take discrete really early in their degree path so they havent been weeded out yet.
>>
File: The truth about CS.png (89KB, 1155x409px) Image search: [Google]
The truth about CS.png
89KB, 1155x409px
>>8904692
>Are CS students really this retarded

Yes.
>>
>>8904584
> tfw transferring to berkeley in the fall for math

feelsgood
>>
File: 1492930737491.jpg (158KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492930737491.jpg
158KB, 960x720px
>>8904704
>tfw I graduated and got a job with a CS degree and a minor in mathematics

Fuck you haters, I got my dream job!
>>
>>8904704
I agree with everything except the CS students not being able to get a job without other qualifications. That's just wrong.
>>
can you lads recommend me the best way to teach myself C++ this summer?
>>
>>8907012

Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ by Stroustrup
Data Structures and Algorithms in C++ by Drozdek
>>
>>8902464
>tfw you will never make love to her on that pane of glass
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.