[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Smart People Live Longer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Please read https://digest.bps.org.uk/2015/08/20/why-do-more-intelligent-people-live-longer/ first!

What do you think /sci? Personally from my real life observations smart people tend to realize almost intuitively that what you eat has a large impact on your body/mind and therefore try to improve it while stupid people eat whatever, and a lot of the times they go for the quickest dopamine relief (i.e sugar) which might explain why low iq is directly correlated with obesity as per : https://personal.lse.ac.uk/kanazawa/pdfs/COEDO2014.pdf

"The conclusion in previous studies that obesity impairs cognitive function stems from improper interpretation
of a negative association between intelligence and obesity from cross-sectional studies. Results from the
analyses of high-quality, population-based, prospectively longitudinal data firmly establish that low
intelligence increases the chances of obesity."

What do you think /sci?
>>
Makes sense to me, OP.
Has anyone else met that one obese fuck who DMs D&D games and thinks he's the smartest motherfucker on the planet yet still lives with his mom and suffers from an extreme case of
Dunning–Kruger?
>>
File: 吉川ちなつ075.png (1023KB, 1362x2874px) Image search: [Google]
吉川ちなつ075.png
1023KB, 1362x2874px
Blondie isn't without problems. She has a serious case of Anterior Pelvic Tilt going on.

Also, intelligent people are like beautiful people. Better genetics beget longer life.
>>
>>8901661
I do not have a biology degree.

Let's assume two people with identical genomic expressions.

One leads a healthier lifestyle, one does not.
These affect cognition.

Let's assume two people with identical(I know there is intrinsic interplay between the brain and the body bear with me) brain function, but one has genetic factors deleterious to health, one does not.
These also impact cognition.
>>
>>8901793
Do you agree with my hypotesis?
>>
>>8901661
True to a point

Until you become smart enough to become a threat to dumb people.
>>
>>8901661

They don't. Comparing (exceptionally) smart people to dumb people is like comparing Frank Grimes to Homer Simpsons.
>>
>>8902310

*Simpson
>>
Did they control for race? Black people are both lower IQ and less healthy
>>
I was starting to wonder who was supposed to be the smart one in the pic. Then I realised it was the cameraman.
>>
As you get older, you get smarter and wiser. So people who live long are smarter.
>>
I think one part of it is that (not all) but a lot of "smart" people I have met have a lot of social anxiety, general anxiety, etc. and this is a curse and a boon. It stops you from doing really hard drugs, or doing other crazy shit that would probably get you killed. Just my personal observation.
>>
>>8903229
And conversely, if you're smarter to begin with, you have a tendency to make better life decisions and live healthier/wealthier and thus longer.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.