[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the hot fields in brain science right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1491629559556.png (393KB, 741x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491629559556.png
393KB, 741x900px
>>
>>8901274
The study of what mental disease furries have.
>>
>>8901317
Sorry senpai, I thought the picture would contrast well with the default theme and draw attention.

Also I'm incredibly hungry at the moment so the picture was attractive in that mildly masochistic line of thought that I think a lot of people in STEM have.
>>
>>8901339
>that mildly masochistic line of thought that I think a lot of people in STEM have.

We are nerds not degenerates. I think it is time for you to go back.
>>
>>8901348
What, you don't enjoy the struggle of learning difficult concepts?

If I'm not being clear, I was talking about how the picture has tasty-looking food in it in contrast to how hungry I am.
>>
>>8901358
>We study because we like hard things

Topkek this is the most misguided view of STEM.
1) Everyone majors in what they find the easiest.
2) In their fields, if you aren't retarded then you will never find anything hard and what will actually drive you to study certain things and not others is how your curiosity is oriented.

Who in their right mind would choose to do something hard lol? The only reason I began studying math was because I could use 0.01% of my brain and score straight As. And the only reason I haven't stopped studying math is because number theory is the dankest meme.
>>
>>8901379
I don't meant that all people in STEM share this mindset, and for those that do I don't mean one's interest in a field is predicated solely or even mostly by a desire to be challenged, just that a lot people do enjoy that sort of thing.

To clarify, you believe that only stupid people find the STEM field difficult, regardless of their area of study?
>>
>>8901405
I believe that, but not quite.

The point is that in university you choose your major and classes. And if you choose something you find or will find hard then you are literally absolutely retarded. There is no way around it. It is like choosing to light a firework inside your ass but worse because eventually the firework will stop burning and your asshole will eventually heal, but nothing can heal 4 years of wasted potential.
>>
>>8901420
In a vacuum I agree with you, but I'd like to make enough money to be able to really enjoy myself later in life, and not all of us can cruise by and get 300k starting, any job we want.

Obviously there's a spectrum of trade-offs, and I wouldn't want to pulverize my spirit now in return for future financial windfall, but I think the point still stands.
>>
>>8901456
>He wasn't born a genius in a profitable field

Your evolutionary line was a mistake
>>
File: 772.jpg (53KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
772.jpg
53KB, 597x519px
>>8901527
I just want to make the most of myself and make up for my academic failures.
>>
>>8901317
fpbp
>>
File: 1483165808133.jpg (250KB, 1200x784px) Image search: [Google]
1483165808133.jpg
250KB, 1200x784px
>>8901562
:3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.