[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women and Medicine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1492607893413.jpg (18KB, 368x657px) Image search: [Google]
1492607893413.jpg
18KB, 368x657px
Are women ruining Medicine?
>>
i don't know, are they?
>>
>>8898808
yes, it's dumbed down touchy feel bullshit now to cater to women. It's no longer considered a science
>>
>>8898834
>no longer

>it only started being brainlet shit
lol
>>
>>8898808
Im a med student and the course is mostly girls, but they are hugely organized and hard working - even if they stress far too much and will likely burn out. I think they otherwise make good doctors, the problem is how the course reflects the gender make up.

A ridiculous amount of our lectures are no longer about disease, physiology or treatment but are about "health equality", "migrant health" and "how no-one is responsible for their own diseases". A lecturer in first year got a huge amount of complaints because he said girls should keep their hymen, he was iraqi (our uni tries to have as diverse a staff as possible) but even then it was a semi-joke. I would skip all the garbage lectures but they are the specific ones they register you for - you have to turn up for the brainwashing, not so much for the medicine.
>>
>>8898808
What the fuck are you on about

Nevermind I stopped caring because I realized you must be retarded
>>
>>8898808
brainlets are not welcome here
>>
>>8898903
>Being this triggered
>>
>>8898808
All part of the downfall of western civilization.

Everyone knows what the women in their lives are like...
>>
>>8898868
What do people in the medical field even learn? Is it mostly biology or is there some mathematics or chemistry involved? For whatever reason, I never really hear about what goes on in med school.
>>
>>8899957
It's clinically relevant biochem, physiology, and anatomy with histology and embryology. And then pharmacology, pathology, and some joke classes like global health or public health.

Then you learn how to apply this knowledge in the wards. Most of your learning is done on your own here and from reading papers and textbooks on more advanced topics like the principles of certain diagnostics, more advanced path mechs and interrelations, and you can go deeper into math models and research of whatever interests you after the initial info dump the first 2 years.

Most of medicine is self-taught through experience and theoretical interactions you make in your head. Med school though is a joke if you're hard working and disciplined.
>>
>>8899975
And by medicine I mean postmed school
>>
>>8899975
>Med school though is a joke if you're hard working and disciplined.

I have lost count of how many medical students and medical school faculty have stated that medical school is the hardest thing you will have done in your life. Yet you're saying that if you're hard working and dedicated it's easy? Can you expand on this in any way? I'm highly interested in your experience.
>>
As important as men in medicine are. Think of the patients - female patient may find themselves uncomfortable consulting with a male doctor and vice versa
>>
>>8900027
From my experience to do well in medical school you just need to be on yop of things. It's a great deal of information but not too conceptually difficult at least for me. But you can dive much deeper after med school to get into more theoretical abstractions about clinical practice, therapeutics, diagnostics, and models of disease.

Then it becomes a fun game in your head of making patterns between everything to soet of predict what will happen in a patient if X, Y, Z.
>>
>>8900089
Also premeds, med students, and physicians are notorious for overexaggerating in their complaints.
>>
>>8898808
Are we worse at medicine now than we were before women got significantly involved? I was under the impression that medical treatment has improved since the 70s. Not saying this is because of women, but they don't seem to have caused medicine to backslide either.
>>
File: axilla.png (2MB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
axilla.png
2MB, 1920x1072px
>>8898868
When I studied medicine it was shifting from heavy anatomy to an 'evidence-based approach'.

pffttt. Who needs evidence in a fucking science course?

>>8900089
Concepts are super easy. Just lots of information. Stay on top of the information and organise both notes and thoughts and it's manageable.

>>8900095
They are notorious for high rates of mental health issues which carry over to when they are Drs.
>>
Women overwhelming stick to therapy and nurisng positions. So no, not really.
They're still hyper-entitled bitchy cunts because DON'T FUCK WITH NURSES WE RUN THE SHOW XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
But nah actual medicine is safe
>>
File: 歳納京子228.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
歳納京子228.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>8900358
Except most medical students are women.
>>
>>8898808
not if they're hot
>>
>>8898808
>are women ruining ___
Yes
>>
>>8899957
There is absolutely 0 mathematics in medicine. That's why women flock to it.
>>
>>8900027
Not that Anon but the thing is it's a shit tone of information, if I don't study 4 or 5 hours a day from Monday to Sunday I get behind in classes and when I have an exam 8 or 9 hours a day are not rare.
>>
>>8900529
what about tais method
>>
File: 1428610878093.jpg (827KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1428610878093.jpg
827KB, 2404x1260px
>>8898808
Unironically yes.
>>
>>8900529
You can use pretty advanced math models in studying the dynamics od pathogenesis or drug action but that's more research stuff.

Most math in clinical med is calculating electrolyte and acid base balances, dosages, and cardiac vals but those are all simple mental math if you understand the concepts behind the equations
>>
>>8898868
>they are hugely organized and hard working - even if they stress far too much and will likely burn out. I think they otherwise make good doctors
1) They have cognitive limits far below those of men, particularly when it comes to developing encyclopedic knowledge of a subject and understanding mechanical relationships. Look at IQ score distributions: the higher you go, the rarer women get. If a comparable number of women to men, let alone a majority, are being trained for elite mental work, you know resources are being severely misallocated.
2) Shortly after they finish their training, they're likely to take years off of work to have children, during which time they'll gain no additional experience and forget half of what they learned, and if they don't, they're likely to become neurotic and unhinged.

With the shortages of doctors, it's an absolute fucking crime to fill the limited training slots with women.
>>
>>8900363
Most drop-outs are women too.
Hmmm...
>>
>>8901233
>>8901233

You're not wrong, stupid things like this just exemplify the dying throes of Western civilization.

We're living in the last days of Rome, you don't get things like this in South Korea and Japan I'll tell you that much.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.