[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it theoretically impossible to travel to a parallel universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Multiverse-level1.jpg (19KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Multiverse-level1.jpg
19KB, 700x394px
Why is it theoretically impossible to travel to a parallel universe?
>>
its not
>>
>>8895946
Theoretically easier to travel to an alternate universe according to the diagram.
Getting to a multiverse might be even harder though if that diagram is correct and there is an inflating empty space.

If Occams Razor is to be applied. A parallel universe must be on the outside the fabric of this universes reality assuming space time is the fabric.
>>
>>8895946
We can't even reach the edge of the observable universe because of the very small acceleration of expansion; this is called the cosmic event horizon.
In eternal inflation -- the most popular scientific multiverse theory -- it is even worse: the space between universes is still undergoing inflation, with distances growing rapidly and exponentially.
>>
We won't even escape this solar system. The only thing to do is to hide our asses in a giant computer and live in simulated reality.
>>
>>8896037
Thanks for the response.
I didn't assume there would be much certainty in either position but it's interesting to me because it 's at the cusp of our understanding.
>>
>>8895946
Do you assume that a parallel universe will have the same composition as ours?
I am talking about the cosmic laws here.

We might not even be able to exist in a parallel universe.
>>
>>8896079
>>8896088
I'm just wondering if it is theoretically possible. It doesn't have to be likely or a necessarily tidy framework.

I mean it's an out there question. I'm sure no one will have a certain answer.

It's pretty much going to be the last hurdle if a civilization is ever perfect enough to survive indefinitely in our universe.

It's basically an updated version of Asimov's Last Question.
>>
>>8895946
It would probably violate conservation of mass.
>>
>>8895974
This is simply a connection between arithmetic and topology
>>
>>8895974
This was probably the most elegant and mesmerising thing I've seen all year.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.