[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since stress and anxiety lead to memory loss and damage the brain,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: math-meme.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
math-meme.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
Since stress and anxiety lead to memory loss and damage the brain, I wanna try mediation. Can someone provide me with a brief yet thorough scientific rundown on the benefits, techniques etc?
>>
>>8894246
for help with autism go to >>>/r9k/
>>
>>8894249
wow rude!
>>
>>8894246
The goal is to be able to control what you think about. The benefits are pretty self evident: more focus, more discipline, stress reduction ect. Meditation is practicing that skill by attempting to think about nothing for a period of time.
>>
>>8894249
>wanting to retain your brain's efficiency in order to follow a successful career in academia is the same as being a kissless virgin
damn you totally got me dude
>>
>>8894246
>mediation
>mediation
>mediation
>mediation
>>
>>8894246
What the other anon said. For a lot of people that don't have strong concentration, or mindfullness, or for those that simply want to increase it, it provides the most simple and pure way to possibly practice. Its not necessarily on nothing, but on a single "object". Typically, it will be your breath, and you may chose to be more specific, and focus specifically on your nostrils, or rising and falling diaphram, or more general. As you notice other thoughts and sensations rise up, you acknowledge them and gently return to your object of focus.

While it can also be applied elsewhere, this is the most mundane and simplest possible use.
>>
I drank heavily for years and feel smarter than the sober period before that you fucking sissy bitch.
>>
>>8895739
Literally drunning-kruger
>>
>>8895739
so you finally managed to graduate from your community college? congrats senpai!
>>
>>8894561
It's a typo, moron. I meant medication.
>>
if i hold my breath long enough i start to feel warm, fuzzy, and euphoric. i take this as self evidence that if i want those things in my every day life i should practice them.

meditation is good in moderation but it ultimately will deny you introspection and your life will be a confirmation bias
>>
>>8897565
This is wrong dude.

Meditation doesn't affect your introspection at all, in fact, quite the opposite.

Thoughts and introspection still occurs, you're removing the emotions from your thoughts so that you can think about thinks more rationally.

Heard the term the truth hurts? Well it hurts a lot less when you practice meditation, and confronting it is a lot easier.
>>
>>8894397
>The goal is to be able to control what you think about.

What? Whose goal? Certainly that's not the goal of meditation, and in fact is impossible.

>Meditation is practicing that skill by attempting to think about nothing for a period of time.

Wow could you be less informed about a subject before you wade in on it next time? What a dope!
>>
>>8898404
Its a rough approximation, "you utter loon"
Meditation is recognizing what pops in and out of your head, acknowledging it, and sending it on it's way by returning your focus to breathing or 'void'
That roughly translates to thinking about nothing since you arent trying to think about any one thing in particular.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.